• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,442 posts in this topic

Rare US appearance by Richard Dean Anderson!
Really cool guy. He actually spent a lot of time talking to Adam (Peter Palmer) and I. We walked away thinking he was just impressed that someone looked him in the eyes and shook his hand unlike most of the people at Dragon Con.

Well, you would be wrong. Long standing CGC policy puts the numerical score of the highest graded cover on the slab. It is the same for double covers triple covers and Octuple covers. No shenanigans. Consistent application of existing policy.

'Tis true, except with rare explainable exceptions to the norm that don't apply in this case... for example, I think what the link that I've attached below would suggest is that if the PQ isn't the best, CGC might not just automatically set the overall grade of the book equal to the grade of the highest graded cover... another example where the overall grade of the book assigned by CGC might be lower than the highest graded cover is if the interior pages are white / supple enough, but they have other defects that would cause the overall grade of the book to drop below that of the highest graded cover... of course neither of these examples would appear to apply in this case...

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=812&lotIdNo=3002

Well, you would be wrong. Long standing CGC policy puts the numerical score of the highest graded cover on the slab. It is the same for double covers triple covers and Octuple covers. No shenanigans. Consistent application of existing policy.

'Tis true, except with rare explainable exceptions to the norm that don't apply in this case... for example, I think what the link that I've attached below would suggest is that if the PQ isn't the best, CGC might not just automatically set the overall grade of the book equal to the grade of the highest graded cover... another example where the overall grade of the book assigned by CGC might be lower than the highest graded cover is if the interior pages are white / supple enough, but they have other defects that would cause the overall grade of the book to drop below that of the highest graded cover... of course neither of these examples would appear to apply in this case...

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=812&lotIdNo=3002

I would say that you are right on both accounts. Lt tan or worse PQ and the grade caps will apply (a la BUTM's multiple cover Hulk that got an 8.5). As it relates to interior defects, it is more accurate to say that CGC assigns a grade to the entire book as though each individual cover were the only cover, and the highest one goes on the label. Both good clarifying points.

i-SBRmXSK-X2.jpg

Rare US appearance by Richard Dean Anderson!

Love this book - congrats! (worship)

I did love him until I found out @ DragonCon this year he is a hardcore liberal. :(

Just another reason why he's awesome :cloud9:

stargate-sg1-fall-of-rome-2-photo-cgc-9.8-ss-f.jpg

stargate-sg1-fall-of-rome-2-photo-note.jpg

Major kudos to Peter Palmer for getting this done for me :applause:

My pleasure...he was a pretty easy-going guy and fun to talk with. Be sure to send me a picture if you end up getting this framed.

My pleasure...he was a pretty easy-going guy and fun to talk with. Be sure to send me a picture if you end up getting this framed.

Ah so thats where the book went. The way he handled that situation was fantastic and showed what a great guy he was. In my top 3 moments from Dragon Con.