• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
20 20

4,509 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2024 at 7:56 PM, PhantomEwan said:

Does it count if I have all 3 of the top census?

IMG_5317.png

IMG_3103.jpeg

Surprisingly, yes

Finally shook this one free from CGC purgatory. This appears to be the only signature copy on the census. As someone who's dabbled in foreign reprints for only a year or 2, I am very impressed someone tracked down copies that graded out at 9.0 (1 copy) & 8.5 (2). Most of what I've seen are pretty trashed.

CGC4414637-001_OBV.jpg

The #94 qualifies but the #75 does not (there is one 9.8 Signature Series book for issue 75).

The rules for posting on this thread are in the first post. You can check the CGC census here: https://www.cgccomics.com/census/

On 8/5/2024 at 1:57 PM, Markmel said:

Don’t know if they are one of a kind.  But I think they are pretty bad 🔥🔥🔥🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼👍🏼

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

On 8/5/2024 at 12:57 PM, Markmel said:

Don’t know if they are one of a kind.  But I think they are pretty bad 🔥🔥🔥🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼👍🏼

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

They can be posted in this thread:

On 8/13/2024 at 10:36 AM, dbcn said:

Not too surprising since it's only been out since May, but here's a 1/1 signed Jango Fett variant!

Screen Shot 2024-08-13 at 12.13.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-08-13 at 12.13.23 PM.png

Awesome!

Oddly, no graded copies of any kind on the census until this one. I got a story from Jim Salicrup about this one too, as he did the cover for issue 98 in his distinct style when he was a teenage office gopher at Marvel. The Marvel bullpen asked Starlin why he did this cover. His response was that someone did a really terrible one with Marvel characters (Salicrup's) & the CR deserved one with good cover art.

CGC4461928-003_OBV.jpg

Last one from Heroes Con (for now). I have looked (unsuccessfully) for years for a high grade copy of Modeling with Millie 44 to send to Roy Thomas. I accidentally stumbled across this one, which appears to be even rarer based on a census of 0. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take this to Roy personally, but my facilitator said he was quite interested b/c he'd never seen a copy of this version before, and he even took a photo for his personal archive.

CGC4461928-001_OBV.jpg