• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,434 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 11:04 AM, golfplyr said:

@Jose2099  Was that frame custom made for the book? Thanks. 

No, you can buy the frames from Coinzcomics.com; sometimes the CGC frames are only on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7JMGBD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

They go out of stock a lot though so buy them if you see them in stock.

On 2/7/2024 at 4:30 PM, scburdet said:

All from Big Apple Comic Con. All alone on top in the Signature census. Issue 1 of the monthly magazine came out on top of the entire census (only 3 total)

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

Steranko really is always quality with his signature . Nice to see him on new stuff!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/7/2024 at 10:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nice to see him on new stuff!

Might have 2 more infrequently encountered books getting his signature in February. I'm definitely becoming more biased toward getting signatures on books they don't sign very often.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:44 PM, scburdet said:

Might have 2 more infrequently encountered books getting his signature in February. I'm definitely becoming more biased toward getting signatures on books they don't sign very often.

Sounds awesome. :)

I like that also if done in person it can strike up a conversation that some may not have had, would love to hear how it goes. In person is not always attainable and I understand that keeping the signer on their toes will be just the same . If it is something they've worked on then good to go.

I've heard it said that Steranko himself had a somewhat limited body of work, but I haven't done my own research. I DO like the idea of it though, so good for you. :)

On 2/22/2024 at 5:05 PM, dbcn said:

Very happy to have these in the collection, but also have the nagging feeling of 'why is no one else having these books signed...' lol 

It looks like you chose books that have covers prominently featuring the characters that the voice actors play.  That is very cool.  But it is not necessarily standard operating procedure.  I used to try to get the highest grade #1 or jam cover done and try to get as many sigs on one book as possible - to get the biggest bang for the SS buck. That is probably more SOP in the SS world. I would say that is why you are doing a lot of "1st done" celeb books.  

On 2/23/2024 at 9:29 AM, seanfingh said:

That is very cool.

Thx! yeah I was thinking about doing an 'everybody signs #1' Futurama book, but this seemed more interesting - also getting everyone to sign a single book would be a big hit to the wallet, and this seemed to lessen the blow, or at least slow it down over time lol 

I couldn't find a good one for Phil LaMarr tho. I got a couple other Futurama sigs (my fav I think is Welker), but they're not singles on the census, so I posted them over in the Celebrity thread.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:37 AM, dbcn said:

Thx! yeah I was thinking about doing an 'everybody signs #1' Futurama book, but this seemed more interesting - also getting everyone to sign a single book would be a big hit to the wallet, and this seemed to lessen the blow, or at least slow it down over time lol 

I couldn't find a good one for Phil LaMarr tho. I got a couple other Futurama sigs (my fav I think is Welker), but they're not singles on the census, so I posted them over in the Celebrity thread.

I thought the same thing when I started doing Dragonball voice actor signatures. I could fork out the money to get a number one and have multiple people sign it over and over or I could get individual books that are meant for the specific voice actor's character. In the end I decided to go with the multiple books and I've been very happy with the results so far!