• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,431 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2023 at 1:24 PM, somewhereintexas said:

These just moved to "Shipped" today, but thanks to CGC now providing free images, I can already share these with you.

While the census does not distinguish between the two non-incentive covers of Batman #686, I feel it is fair to include these since they are different covers and should the only 9.9 copies in the census once it is updated (there are currently none, which also is the case with the Sandman: Facsimile Edition #1).

sandman_1_facsimile_ss99.jpg

batman_686_kubert_ss99.jpg

batman_686_ross_ss99.jpg

Not 1 or 2... but 3 9.9's!  

Wow GIF - Wow - Discover & Share GIFs

On 10/30/2023 at 8:22 PM, WDBill said:

How in the heck did you get 3 9.9 from CGC. I can't even squeeze a 9.8 out of them with a near perfect book. :(

It helps to bribe them :gossip:

On 10/30/2023 at 7:22 PM, WDBill said:

How in the heck did you get 3 9.9 from CGC. I can't even squeeze a 9.8 out of them with a near perfect book. :(

I must have caught them in an uncharacteristic weak moment. :insane:

I will say that while the Batman 686's had previously been graded 9.8, they came from a batch that had several copies graded 9.9 back when the book was released.  The Sandman: Facsimile Edition #1 was purchased raw off eBay (all of the copies were super sharp, and the other two I submitted were graded 9.8).

Edited by somewhereintexas

On 1/30/2024 at 9:22 PM, Turtle said:

I'm pretty excited about this one.  I LOVE Futurama.  I'm always down to watch an episode.  It's been cancelled and brought back on (I believe) 4 separate occasions. So many good characters, so many good jokes.  At some point, I wanted to get a good Futurama book done and the end of 2023 presented a nice opportunity to get basically the entire main cast.  I don't often interact with voice actors at these shows and was blown away by how friendly they were and so many of them even slipped into their character voices when talking to people.

Anyway, here's Futurama-o-rama...which is a trade paperback that collects the first 4 issues of the comic series.  It's the only graded copy period.  I was shocked since it's over 20 years old...though I suppose TPB's aren't super common slab material.  But this cover is just too good!

Futurama-o-rama.thumb.jpg.4ae23660d4beae4556deb74f01c91cdd.jpg

Tress MacNeille - "Jam a *spoon* in it, you " -Mom 

John DiMaggio - "Shut up baby, I know it" - Bender

Maurice Lamarche - "I apologize for nothing" - Hedonismbot

Lauren Tom - "Smeesh!" - Amy

Billy West - "Shut up and take my money" - Fry

Phil Lamarr - "My Manwich!" - Hermes

Katey Sagal - Leela

I'd consider cracking it for Matt Groening.  Otherwise, I'm thrilled with this one.  :banana:

They really are awesome. I got to work a convention in Chattanooga that had DiMaggio, West and Tom and they were a lot of fun and a great panel! This is a great book!

On 1/30/2024 at 7:22 PM, Turtle said:

I'm pretty excited about this one.  I LOVE Futurama.  I'm always down to watch an episode.  It's been cancelled and brought back on (I believe) 4 separate occasions. So many good characters, so many good jokes.  At some point, I wanted to get a good Futurama book done and the end of 2023 presented a nice opportunity to get basically the entire main cast.  I don't often interact with voice actors at these shows and was blown away by how friendly they were and so many of them even slipped into their character voices when talking to people.

Anyway, here's Futurama-o-rama...which is a trade paperback that collects the first 4 issues of the comic series.  It's the only graded copy period.  I was shocked since it's over 20 years old...though I suppose TPB's aren't super common slab material.  But this cover is just too good!

Futurama-o-rama.thumb.jpg.4ae23660d4beae4556deb74f01c91cdd.jpg

Tress MacNeille - "Jam a *spoon* in it, you " -Mom 

John DiMaggio - "Shut up baby, I know it" - Bender

Maurice Lamarche - "I apologize for nothing" - Hedonismbot

Lauren Tom - "Smeesh!" - Amy

Billy West - "Shut up and take my money" - Fry

Phil Lamarr - "My Manwich!" - Hermes

Katey Sagal - Leela

I'd consider cracking it for Matt Groening.  Otherwise, I'm thrilled with this one.  :banana:

^^