• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: FINAL ROUND

GA ARTISTS POLL  

288 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

115 posts in this topic

Eisner is good...

46760-Spirit22.jpg

But Frazetta is GREAT!

106.jpg

West

yeah the overweight smelly dirty cave girl has got it going on :luhv: To each their own. If I want high art, I'll go to the museum...we're talking comics here and Eisner is high art for comics.

Maxfield Parrish did that color scheme better then Frazetta...

Yes, he did. But he kept forgetting to include any T-Rex's. :baiting:

Will Eisner is one of the greatest creators in the history of the medium from any number of perspectives.

Frank Frazetta is a genius.

I voted for Eisner.

Sal, I'm not trying to troll you here buddy, but that quote up there is like saying: "Einstein was smarter than Newton."

Those guys were geniuses exploring different avenues along the same path. The only difference between them is: One of those guys actually helped build the path.

I voted Frazetta.

Will Eisner is one of the greatest creators in the history of the medium from any number of perspectives.

I voted for Eisner.

Sal, I'm not trying to troll you here buddy, but that quote up there is like saying: "Einstein was smarter than Newton."

Those guys were geniuses exploring different avenues along the same path. The only difference between them is: One of those guys actually helped build the path.

I voted Frazetta.

i see what you're saying, but i don't consider Will Eisner a genius by my definition. YMMV

I may catch hell for this, but Frazetta's paintings are often weak IMHO. His black & white work is incredible, no doubt, but his paintings can be so staged it turns me off... :sorry:

I'm glad you posted that comment first, Shiv'. (You can block all the over-ripe produce.)

Since I'm not an artist, I wasn't sure whether my reaction to this

Frazetta-Conan.jpg

as being a very cliché image was legit. He's obviously superbly talented, but it seems like Frazetta spent a lot of time coasting. Eisner almost never did.

Although the Frazetta pages and covers almost swayed me,

ff214.jpg

Eisner's creativity, mastery of the medium and massive contribution convinced me to vote off FF. It was nearly impossible to choose.

Jack

I voted for Eisner.

I agree...

I voted for Frazetta to stay ( this was getting confusing and I had to even you out..;)