• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy An OO GA Book From A Moose!!!!

315 posts in this topic

Dell Giant Comics Vacation Parade #2 (Dell, 1951)

CONDITION: Glue holding cover starting to tear away, 1" lower spine split, spine wear, some internal staining, full length back cover crease, (note: scanner does not do the deep yellow color justice), G+/VG-

VALUE: Overstreet 2007 GD 2.0 value = $25; VG 4.0 value = $50

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $20

Dell-Giant-VacationParade2.jpg

Dell Giant Comics Vacation Parade #3 (Dell, 1952)

INFO: Appearances by Uncle Scrooge, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Bob Grant cover. Tony Strobl art.

CONDITION: Slight spine roll, 1/8 " spine splits, cover creasing obvious in scan, some small indentations on front cover, nice colors, VG/VG+

VALUE: Overstreet 2007 VG 4.0 value = $26; FN 6.0 value = $39

SPECIAL FORUM PRICE: $18

Dell-Giant-VacationParade3.jpg

Captain Marvel and the Good Humor Man #nn (Fawcett, 1950)

Partial photo cover featuring Jack Carson.

Condition: detached cover, G-

Overstreet 2007 GD 2.0 value = $48

FORUM PRICE: $30.00

CapMarvelGoodHumor.jpg

As an example of discounts that I provide to the forum, I have now SOLD this book for $38.99, i.e., the boards were offered approximately 25% discount. (thumbs u

I am pleased to offer some a range of Airboy comics from 1949-1952. Some are quite tattered, while others are quite nice. The PQ is beautiful for many of them notwithstanding the actual grade, and even when in shambles the cover colors are usually still sweet. I'm reading through each of them myself for the first time! :applause:

The artists obviously liked using animals. (thumbs u

Prices to follow in a short while, but all will be less than guide.

th_Airboy56.jpg

5.6 Pr cover separated, significant tearing to spine, 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 tear bc $7

th_Airboy512.jpg

5.12 G- cover almost completely separated, obvious fc piece missing, 2" lower spine split, spine wear $9

th_Airboy61.jpg

6.1 Pr cover separated, most of spine gone from lower half, 3 1/2" x 3" bc lower right piece missing, $7

th_Airboy71.jpg

7.1 G/G+ spine roll, pen markings on fc, bc, interior $13

th_Airboy74.jpg

7.4 F+ pencil mark fc, slight spine nubbing $45

th_Airboy75.jpg

7.5 Pr/G cover separated, tape holding upper 7 1/2" piece to cover, pencil mark fc, gorgeous colors $8

th_Airboy76.jpg

7.6 F/VF pencil mark fc, $55

th_Airboy77.jpg

7.7 F+ $45

th_Airboy79.jpg

7.9 VG/F 2 1/4" crease upper left fc, 1 1/2" x 3/4" fold lower left bc, spine roll $28

th_Airboy81.jpg

8.1 G+/VG- miscut, cover starting to separate, lower staple slightly starting to rust, some light bc staining, slight spine wear $16

th_Airboy82.jpg

8.2 VG+/F slight tearing some interior pages, slight staining bc $28

th_Airboy83.jpg

8.3 VG+/F miswrap, slight spine roll, slight staining bc $28

th_Airboy84.jpg

8.4 G cover nearly separated, staining fc, bc $8

th_Airboy85.jpg8.5 VF- very slight staining bc $60

th_Airboy86.jpg

8.7 F/VF slight staining fc, bc $55

th_Airboy810.jpg

8.1.0 F/VF slight interior/exterior bc shadowing $55

th_Airboy811.jpg

8.11 F/F+ miscut, slight corner nubbing, slight stain fc $42

th_Airboy92.jpg

9.2 G/G+ cover starting to separate, staining alone spine, interior, bc, penciled name fc, $9

th_Airboy97.jpg

9.7 Pr cover essentially separated, 2" x 1/2" bc piece missing, 1/2" tear through book, staining $6

th_Airboy98.jpg

9.8 G+ miscut, upper staple rust, cover length crease $10

Also, 9.1 coverless FREE w/first purchase

5.12 G- cover almost completely separated, obvious fc piece missing, 2" lower spine split, spine wear $9

8.1 G+/VG- miscut, cover starting to separate, lower staple slightly starting to rust, some light bc staining, slight spine wear $16

9.8 G+ miscut, upper staple rust, cover length crease $10

:takeit:

As an example of discounts that I provide to the forum, I have now SOLD this book for $38.99, i.e., the boards were offered approximately 25% discount. (thumbs u

Why did I imagine perfectly the comic dealer from the Simpsons as I read that? lol

Why did I imagine perfectly the comic dealer from the Simpsons as I read that? lol

I dunno, but I always troll MC in this forum to see what I've missed out on. lol

And he didn't have to get down off of his stool to ring it up!

Anyone know how long these threads survive without a post?

But still no one answered my question! :makepoint:doh!

I thought it used to be two weeks but I found an old thread of mine from 2007 so I guess they survive a while now.

Moose.jpg

I am offering approximately 700 books from an OO collection purchased this Summer while I was in Maine (hence the Moose reference!). The collection was amassed between approximately 1946 - 1973, with the primary collecting years of 1949 - 1962 (when the owner was about 13 - 26 years old). The bulk of the collection is comprised of Fawcett and Dells, with a few DC and other publisher's titles scattered here and there. The condition ranges from coverless to NM, with the majority of issues in the vg/fine realm. Back cover scans available upon request.

Shipping Costs/Method: $5 for USPS Priority Shipping to the domestic United States; $11 USPS Priority Envelope Shipping to Canada/Mexico; $13 USPS Priority Envelope Shipping all other locations. Multiple orders can be combined. Insurance is extra. Other shipping methods available upon request.

Payment Methods: Personal checks, postal money orders, bank cashier checks, wire transfers, and paypal. All checks and money orders should be made payable to EsquireComics.

My Return Policy: I certainly believe you will be happy with your purchase. However, your personal satisfaction is very important to me. If for any reason you wish to return your purchase, you may do so. However, you must notify me in writing within three (3) calendar days of receiving the book that you desire to return it, and you must ship it back to me within seven (7) calendar days. All associated costs for returning the book must be borne by the purchaser. And, of course, the book must be returned in the same condition it was received.

Grading Guarantee: I cannot guarantee how any third-party service will grade the book, but as noted above any book may be returned (pursuant to the terms) if dissatisfied.

Length Of Sale: Any book unsold after one week will (eventually) be placed in my e-bay store.

NetworkOfDisclosure-3_20.jpg

First :takeit: for each book takes it. I will follow-up via PM.

Please note change in shipping costs due to postal increase (which was quite a long time ago). Just catching up. :gossip:

Strange Adventures #9 (DC, 1951)

Origin and first appearance of Captain Comet. Carmine Infantino cover. Infantino, Gil Kane, and Murphy Anderson art.

A nice strong FN/VF book.

Overstreet 2007 FN 6.0 value = $456; VF 8.0 value = $1,292 (7.0 = $874.00)

FORUM PRICE: $650.00

SA9-1.jpg

SOLD!!!

For those who want proof that the higher the grade the more conservative I am, well, this book was submitted to CGC and it was given an 8.5!!!!!!

The lucky buyer did quite well! (thumbs u