• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How hard is it to get kicked out of NOD?

794 posts in this topic

Sorry to go OT, and return to the subject at hand, but I for one feel that based on the representaions made here, NOD acted in due course. Leaving no procedual, or factual stone unturned.

If a bunch of unanswered phone calls and e-mails are procedural stones, then I definitely have to agree with you.

Aside from sending registered mail what other steps do you feel should have been taken or could be taken in the future? Not trying to be smart here but if you have something that can be added to the procedure please share.

Mark,

Perhaps you could explain what steps were taken.All I can gather from the website is that he was suspended, and then four days later he was expelled. I find the short suspension period troubling,but am in the dark on the events leading up to it. Please shine some light on it.Once we know the procedures,someone may have some suggestions that have been overlooked.

I understand that the member in question was unresponsive to the NOD's requests for his side of the story. But without his side of the story, the procedure is incomplete. He may or may not have been guilty of whatever rules violations he is accused of. But he is essentially being expelled from the organization for being unresponsive and not displaying logos.

If that is enough grounds for NOD to expel a member then that's good enough for me.

Richard, all the member had to do was send a short e-mail to clarify his position specifically about the situation. He didn't. I think NOD acted appropriately.

Brad

Sorry to go OT, and return to the subject at hand, but I for one feel that based on the representaions made here, NOD acted in due course. Leaving no procedual, or factual stone unturned.

If a bunch of unanswered phone calls and e-mails are procedural stones, then I definitely have to agree with you.

Aside from sending registered mail what other steps do you feel should have been taken or could be taken in the future? Not trying to be smart here but if you have something that can be added to the procedure please share.

the rack? a drowning stool? ten minutes of listening to gator whine about how young florida's defense is? some of those contraptions they used on mel at the end of braveheart? would the evictee yell "FREEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMM" i wonder?

He probably yelled it after the expulsion.

Perhaps you could explain what steps were taken.All I can gather from the website is that he was suspended, and then four days later he was expelled. I find the short suspension period troubling,but am in the dark on the events leading up to it. Please shine some light on it.Once we know the procedures,someone may have some suggestions that have been overlooked.

Bill -

Steve Meyer was given 7 days to respond from the date of suspension. He responded sooner than that. In his response, Steve clearly understood the situation, and he choose the direction he wanted to take knowing it would result in his expulsion. Once he made his decision, there was no need to wait any further for the expulsion.

That said, the communications with Steve were not antagonistic or contenscious. He and the NOD parted ways wishing each other the best and with no personal animus.

I find the short suspension period troubling........

Why? Seriously.

As unlikely as it may be, he could have been out of town, sunning in the tropics or something.

He wasn't.

Why? Seriously.

As unlikely as it may be, he could have been out of town, sunning in the tropics or something.

He wasn't.

Next.

Why? Seriously.

He wasn't.

Next.

You do realize that if we have to work our way through all the possibilites (including temporary unavailability due to transport to Rann via Zeta Beam), we could be here for a while. :hi:

Why? Seriously.

No, Steve was receiving the messages and replying. However, he was not responding to direct questions regarding the issues at the heart of the matter.

Sheesh... the NOD isn't going to expel a member just because they didn't reply to a few emails because they might be out of town or their computer might be down. C'mon... give us **some** credit to be decent, reasonable human beings.

[bTW, while I am replying to Nearmint, this comment applies to others who have charged we expelled the guy for "not answering a few emails."

Why? Seriously.

He wasn't.

Next.

(including temporary unavailability due to transport to Rann via Zeta Beam)

you see how rumors get started? i heard he was on his way BACK from Rann.