• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 CGC Forum Holiday Gift Exchange sign up

945 posts in this topic

Note to self: Check porch before posting that package hadn't arrived.

Mine arrived last night while we were gone and FedEx left it on the porch. Didn't think to look before I posted. I haven't opened them yet, will wait until Monday night.

Want to take a moment and thank Piper for a great stash of books and trades that showed up at casa de Crooke on Thursday.

Nice GL trades and a Neil Gaiman trade (sorry cant remember the name)

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

:hail:

Why the hell did you open it? (shrug)

because it was a gift for ME :acclaim:

Want to take a moment and thank Piper for a great stash of books and trades that showed up at casa de Crooke on Thursday.

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

Do you let Aidan open his presents early? If not, you're setting a bad example, azz :luhv:

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

Do you let Aidan open his presents early? If not, you're setting a bad example, azz :luhv:

Aidan says: "lzfknmg[ofnblkmb vmnogjnlas] sd;kmprtiusfbknv psgkqwotjr, cupcake!

PS: Still no package for me and I will not be home until the 26th. Kenny, rather than track down a "surrogate" Secret Santa for me, maybe a couple of generous Boardie's who have agreed to be "surrogates" and I could put together a Hero Initiative auction or something. I'm far more in the giving mode than receiving. This has been a pretty good year for me despite all of greggy's underhanded machinations.

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

PS: Still no package for me and I will not be home until the 26th. Kenny, rather than track down a "surrogate" Secret Santa for me, maybe a couple of generous Boardie's who have agreed to be "surrogates" and I could put together a Hero Initiative auction or something. I'm far more in the giving mode than receiving. This has been a pretty good year for me despite all of greggy's underhanded machinations.

(shrug)

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

(shrug)

Don't act innocent. First, there is your army of minions. Then there is all the secret buying via PM of sweet bronze DC. Don't even get me started on the python and mastodon molestation issues . . .

PS: Why don't you get in the game and help me put together a Hero's Initiative auction with your drek, junk and krap.

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

(shrug)

Don't act innocent. First, there is your army of minions. Then there is all the secret buying via PM of sweet bronze DC. Don't even get me started on the python and mastodon molestation issues . . .

PS: Why don't you get in the game and help me put together a Hero's Initiative auction with your drek, junk and krap.

I work on my own terms.

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

(shrug)

I work on my own terms.

Lone Wolf Loey

My gifts arrived and I have been negligent in publicly expressing my unequivocal thanks to Blutobc for several extremely thoughtful items tied to the history of comics! (worship):golfclap::applause:

The items alone were great, but the note that was sent to me explaining the intent and decision-making process in deciding what to send me was incredibly thoughtful and very, very much appreciated. :foryou:

Spectre 5

3 Phantom Strangers

Adventure 431 Spectre

I glad you liked them. Incidentally, the Spectre appears in both the Hal Jordan relaunch and the Book of Magic trades.

Have a Merry Christmas!

John

Hello all,

Been a while since I posted. Playing World of Warcraft with my 12 year old daughter has pretty much eaten up all my online time this year.

Sorry I didn't participate this year in the gift exchange and raffle this year. I'm hoping the gift and art I donated last year is still being apprecited.

This holiday is going to be fantastic with Christmas dinners on the 24th, 25th, 26th and 28th. Visiting lots of family and friends.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year with the start of a new business venture that's going well, a new woman in my life and four beautiful daughters.

I'm still reading modern comics and trades, still buying original art and attending the odd convention in the Ontario area.

Best wishes to all boardies and their friends and family!!

Figured this could use a :bump:

Looks like some overseas exchangees have been opening their gifts. Maybe we can all post what we had sent to us within this thread.

Merry Christmas all!

Thanks for putting this on Kenny, it has been a lot of fun :)

John (thumbs u

Thanks Rhino for being my Secret Santa and sending me this :

I have over 10.000 comics, a few hundred TPBs and HCs and still you managed to send me stuff I've never owned or even have read !!

Thanks man (thumbs u

And thanks Kenny for organizing this mammoth task

49894-santa.jpg.f8b6a4f8623aa10ae99e5c081f8798f6.jpg

Johnny G and a few other Boardies live up in Seattle but I'm not sure which of them were in the exchange.

And of course Grails! (but he's busy right now)

Actually, I live in Beautiful BC! But, I do have a WA address :blush:

Wasn't me though, which is probably a good thing for you :sorry:

John (thumbs u