• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Friday Blues, Lesson Learned.

129 posts in this topic

For 3 years I have been submitting books to get graded from CGC. At the beginning, I was always cautious. Insured every package, buble wrapped the hell out of the books, and even double boxed sometimes.

I have to admit I have been very cocky over the last year or so submitting. No insurance, books in padded envelope mailer and then in a Priority Box. Over 1k books submitted without a hitch.

Well looks like my luck finally ran out, as my last package to CGC was crushed by our beloved USPS mailing system. 21 books which were to be used for the upcoming grading contest, scrapped.

I dont know whether to laugh, cry, scream or just really hit someone but believe me, lesson learned.

Depressed Nik :(

For 3 years I have been submitting books to get graded from CGC. At the beginning, I was always cautious. Insured every package, buble wrapped the hell out of the books, and even double boxed sometimes.

I have to admit I have been very cocky over the last year or so submitting. No insurance, books in padded envelope mailer and then in a Priority Box. Over 1k books submitted without a hitch.

Well looks like my luck finally ran out, as my last package to CGC was crushed by our beloved USPS mailing system. 21 books which were to be used for the upcoming grading contest, scrapped.

I dont know whether to laugh, cry, scream or just really hit someone but believe me, lesson learned.

Depressed Nik :(

:censored: I feel your pain. You can always hit Greggy.

Spideys, Hulks, X-Men, DD all usual stuff that I love.

My Spidey 43 :(

My Marvel Feature 12 which was absolutely gorgeous, :(

Weird Western Tales 18, another pretty book :(

My Hulk 131 :(

X-Men 54 :(

to name a few

Spideys, Hulks, X-Men, DD all usual stuff that I love.

My Spidey 43 :(

My Marvel Feature 12 which was absolutely gorgeous, :(

Weird Western Tales 18, another pretty book :(

My Hulk 131 :(

X-Men 54 :(

to name a few

:(

Again, really sorry to hear about that Nik. Poor books. :( At least you found out on a Friday and can drown your sorrows at home tonight?

I think ones natural reaction is to be totally bummed out, angry, then bitter. But in the end try and laugh it off, dont sweat the small stuff and learn from it. I know, I know.. easy for me to say cause they were not my books, but we all know that feeling when a box gets smashed, so I honestly say I feel your pain.

But it still sucks.

Ze-

Again, really sorry to hear about that Nik. Poor books. :( At least you found out on a Friday and can drown your sorrows at home tonight?

I think ones natural reaction is to be totally bummed, angry, then bitter. But in the end, laugh it off, dont sweat the small stuff and learn from it. I know, I know.. easy for me to say cause they were not my books, but we all know that feeling when a box gets smashed, so I honestly say I feel your pain.

But it still sucks.

Ze-

How does that happen?

What the hell do they do to the boxes...jump on 'em? (shrug)