• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Friday Blues, Lesson Learned.

129 posts in this topic

Everyone get Nik's paypal address and send him $5 each for a beer. Time to drown those sorrows.

Sorry to hear about it. I feel your pain. Hopefully the ASM 41 will be the most spared of the group.

That was for Raw

I was pretty sure most would have graded better then 9.2 :sorry:

And I did send it registered, with the brown sticky around the box. I always send them registered.

Postal insurance is provided for articles with a value of at least $0.01 up to a maximum insured value of $25,000. Insurance is included in the fee. Postal insurance is not available for articles with no value ($0.00).

You didn't declare the value as zero, did you?

:tonofbricks: :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks:

doh!

I don't know what to say...sorry buddy, this really must suck. :tonofbricks:

Spideys, Hulks, X-Men, DD all usual stuff that I love.

My Spidey 43 :(

My Marvel Feature 12 which was absolutely gorgeous, :(

Weird Western Tales 18, another pretty book :(

My Hulk 131 :(

X-Men 54 :(

to name a few

Sorry to hear that Nick. :sorry:

I about puked when I read this.

:pullhair: f'n postal service

Since you said let you to let you have it, if you sent it registered mail the extra insurance would have cost 4 bucks.

:makepoint:

Although, it would make for a very interesting contest if all the comics suffered from corner bump syndrome.....

hm

I would expect to see alot of DQ's very quickly....

Drink up, I'm having a couple in your honor tonite!!

Well , I feel a bit more blessed ...My father always told me ..."just never set anything on the hood of your car for even a minute ,b/c you will invariably get distracted........so ,about 4 days ago.... I had my ASM #129 ,X-men #94 &95 packed up to go to CGC (and put it on my hood for a moment)............Next morn. my wife came in and said .."honey"...the neighbor at the end of the block found this as she was pulling out of her driveway!!...................Fortunantly...it was padded and the lady wasn't a collector.............anyway .........still very sorry Nic........BH............

Well , I feel a bit more blessed ...My father always told me ..."just never set anything on the hood of your car for even a minute ,b/c you will invariably get distracted........so ,about 4 days ago.... I had my ASM #129 ,X-men #94 &95 packed up to go to CGC (and put it on my hood for a moment)............Next morn. my wife came in and said .."honey"...the neighbor at the end of the block found this as she was pulling out of her driveway!!...................Fortunantly...it was padded and the lady wasn't a collector.............anyway .........still very sorry Nic........BH............

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Holy ! You must live in a better neighborhood than me!

For 3 years I have been submitting books to get graded from CGC. At the beginning, I was always cautious. Insured every package, buble wrapped the hell out of the books, and even double boxed sometimes.

I have to admit I have been very cocky over the last year or so submitting. No insurance, books in padded envelope mailer and then in a Priority Box. Over 1k books submitted without a hitch.

Well looks like my luck finally ran out, as my last package to CGC was crushed by our beloved USPS mailing system. 21 books which were to be used for the upcoming grading contest, scrapped.

I dont know whether to laugh, cry, scream or just really hit someone but believe me, lesson learned.

Depressed Nik :(

Have them graded anyways. Be nice to get some lower grades into the contest. (shrug)

A darn shame for that to happen. Sorry for your financial loss and the loss of some nice HG books. I agree with Greggy though...see if SB will slab them anyway for a discount(or free!!!) for the grading contest. Or maybe just one or two of them. Lower grades would make for an interesting challenge.

No need for freebies from Steve or CGC :)

44 are still out there to be graded and I do have so early screw-ups from when I first started submiting :tonofbricks:

No need for freebies from Steve or CGC :)

44 are still out there to be graded and I do have so early screw-ups from when I first started submiting :tonofbricks:

(thumbs u

although I would think you'd gone through those early mistakes by now. :o:grin: