• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CDNP #24 ultra-classic cover SOLD !!!! You snooze you looze

22 posts in this topic

Jeez, I'm not sure if I've ever seen this issue listed for sale besides on the METROPOLIS COMICS website. They had one or two (nice and VERY EXPENSIVE) copies, but they are gone now.

I contemplated the expense of $850 and put it on my watch list. The next day someone hit the BUY-it-NOW.

I don't have a recent OVERSTREET guide, what does this GUIDE for in 2.0 ??

MAN...what a cool comic-book cover.

Here's the pic from ebay :

CDNP24850.jpg

Here's a link to the auction, for the curious:

CDNP 24 SOLD LINK

Here is a better look at a 9.2 copy. WOW !!!!

$3450 in 2002, maybe $5000+ NOW ?? Maybe $6000+ ?!?!?!?

CDNP24classic.jpg

Isn't it considered the first or second crime comic? I think it's actually #23 on the inside (unless I'm way off base here) and the true first issue of the series.

#22 is the first, but has 23 on the cover.

#24 would be the third. But it has the best cover of the first three.

Have you seen #46? Scary stuff.

I have. A Great cover. But unfortunately it isn't in the first three. Of those three issues (22, 23,24) 24 is the best cover.

There are also some cool painted covers toward the end of the run. I can't remember the numbers but saw a run of them a few years ago. Very neat.

Can you refresh my memory on the #46? Is that the Hatchet cover?

It's the creepy cover with the carload of men offering a little girl an ice cream cone.

I was fortunate enough to pick up a 3.0 copy for $75 about 14 years ago or the book would probably be off my list at this point - great cover, but $850 for a 2.0? Wow! That's at least twice what a similarly graded #22 would go for.

And so what do you think about this??

My copy sold recently as well. I think it has been on eBay for a couple years.

The funny part - as soon as it sells I get a flurry of requests over the next week! Where'd it go?? Do you still have it? Is it sold????? :blahblah: