• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best online source for TPBs

14 posts in this topic

I have been looking to purchase a handful of TPBs collecting some recent miniseries and the first issues of some on-going series. The best place I have found thus far (after a tip from someone here, thanks) that has all the trades I am looking for, a nice discount and a low shipping cost, is InStockTrades.com. Searching these here forums has been ... not much help, probably because I do not know the best terms to search for (TPBs and trades do not result in many recent posts).

Ergo, I made this thread. And I ask of you, my comic lovin' peers, what is the best online source for trade paperbacks that is both cheap and thorough? Amazon.com and eBay have good selections, but Amazon is more expensive and eBay would require buying from numerous sellers and paying numerous shipping charges. Also, if anyone has purchased from InStockTrades.com in the past and has any comments, please post them here.

Thanks, folks. This place is great for posts like this.

I have been looking to purchase a handful of TPBs collecting some recent miniseries and the first issues of some on-going series. The best place I have found thus far (after a tip from someone here, thanks) that has all the trades I am looking for, a nice discount and a low shipping cost, is InStockTrades.com. Searching these here forums has been ... not much help, probably because I do not know the best terms to search for (TPBs and trades do not result in many recent posts).

Ergo, I made this thread. And I ask of you, my comic lovin' peers, what is the best online source for trade paperbacks that is both cheap and thorough? Amazon.com and eBay have good selections, but Amazon is more expensive and eBay would require buying from numerous sellers and paying numerous shipping charges. Also, if anyone has purchased from InStockTrades.com in the past and has any comments, please post them here.

Thanks, folks. This place is great for posts like this.

I just made a purchase from them thanks to your post, so thanks for that. Far cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

We have them for 40% off across the board on Marvel's and DC's. Each trade has a weight of 1.1 pounds so the shipping is close to exact.

They are sorted simply by Marvel and DC and then alphabetically. Anything in print is listed, and if you don't see something just ask.

I am surprised you say that Amazon is more expnsive. Most titles can be found for 1/2 cover price or less from private sellers on there. I know from experience as that is the place I sell mine.

Are you in south florida area? I set up at a monthly miami show, and I know there are some large fort lauderdale shows coming up soon that I am setting up at, and I bring about 1000 trades that I sell at half cover price.

I LOVE InStockTrades.com. In fact, I buy books from no ne but them at this point. The free shipping on orders over $50 is one of the best deals out there, and they ALWAYS ship fast with top-notch packaging (cardboard boxes, plastic bags, and more styrofoam peanuts than Greggy can eat)!

I generally order my TPBs on Wednesday night or Thursday morning, and I always have them in my possession by Tuesday or Wednesday the next week! Can't be happier with them.

We have them for 40% off across the board on Marvel's and DC's. Each trade has a weight of 1.1 pounds so the shipping is close to exact.

They are sorted simply by Marvel and DC and then alphabetically. Anything in print is listed, and if you don't see something just ask.

What are your shipping terms to Canada like?

Does anyone know who is the best to order from for shipping to Canada? Does instock send free over $50 to Canada, or discount somewhat?

I doubt that any site gives free international shipping after the new rates. We used to be able to offer that but the elimination of surface mailing has caused us to cease that.

Basically whatever USPS.com charges we charge. You can contact us and we can get you a better rate if the item(s) will fit into a flat rate box or envelope.

I also use instocktrades. I'd toss cheap trades into my comicsupply orders, but comicsupply often doesn't carry the stuff I want. Usually 80% of the trades/graphic novels I order are not Marvel or DC.