• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Advice Needed

57 posts in this topic

There certainly was a lot of great stuff from the 80's that looks to be pretty inexpensive to collect. Mage and Grendel are both superb. And if you are a Wagner fan Silverback too. American Flagg, particularly the first series, is unbelievably good and I have no idea why it is so not in demand. Miracleman of course and if you really want to get funky try going after Warrior Magazine (a UK publication) in which Miracleman (known as Marvelman and changed for Stateside publication for obvious copyright reasons) and V for Vendetta first appear. The Elementals are interesting. And how about Time Twisters and Halo Jones (Alan Moore). Doc Stearn/Mr. Monster is fun. In fact a lot of the Eclipse stuff from the 80's is worth a look. I notice that no one has mentioned Yummy Fur or Mr. X (because they are Canadian?) Mr. X in particular is amazing. Frank Miller's Give Me Liberty is a winner. And how about Chaykin's Black Kiss. Steven's Rocketeer is a challenge to collect because it continues across three different titles (Starslayer, Pacific Presents and the Rocketeer) and three different publishers (Pacific, Eclipse and Comico.) And one last one, not really an indie I guess because it was published by Marvel in their Epic division but its like an indie. Starstruck is so good - terrific Kaluta art and wonderfully outrageous stories. So there's a bunch.

I have tons of this stuff from the 80's all in high grade. If you're interested I'm eventually looking to move all this out and I'd just as soon find it a good home.

Good hunting.

I cannot believe that nobody has yet mentioned American Flagg... doh!

Ta Da! :acclaim:

Miracle Man is great as is Nexus, and early American Flagg

Can't go wrong with The Tick either, and Flamming Carrot is a great choice to start off with!

Welcome back!

Oh, and Concrete by Dark Horse (thumbs u

Can't go wrong with The Tick either, and Flamming Carrot is a great choice to start off with!

Welcome back!

Apologies...and excellent taste! :applause:

Welcome back!

Apologies...and excellent taste! :applause:

Thankee, Mate (thumbs u

Well a few board members are starting to get things together for me. So as it stands, I will be finishing up my Flaming Carrot run while working on Cerebus at the same time. In fact I will be looking at all titles and artists mentioned. Thanks to everyone for helping me out. :hi:

Well a few board members are starting to get things together for me. So as it stands, I will be finishing up my Flaming Carrot run while working on Cerebus at the same time. In fact I will be looking at all titles and artists mentioned. Thanks to everyone for helping me out. :hi:

I have no real comic advice to give you and just very happy to

see you back. (thumbs u I had a feeling you couldn't quit collecting

comics. :gossip:

Welcome back!!! :hi::applause: :applause:

:foryou:

I have no real comic advice to give you and just very happy to

see you back. (thumbs u I had a feeling you couldn't quit collecting

comics. :gossip:

Welcome back!!! :hi::applause: :applause:

:foryou:

Thanks! I'll be posting everything that I bought within the next week or so. I must have purchased around 250 comics. :cloud9: