• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On site grading?

19 posts in this topic

I see that CGC will offer on site grading again at the Dallas con.

I'm curious how much they charged in Chicago for the service.

Does anyone have a clue?

confused.gif

Just make sure you get there early; CGC got a little overwhelmed at the Chicago con and a number of people who thought they would get their books back at the show ended up having their books mailed to them. I submitted a book Friday morning - was supposed to be done same day - wasn't ready until the end of Saturday. In their defense it was the first time they were doing on-site grading and they didn't anticipate the huge response, so I'm sure they'll be a little more prepared this time.

I figured that much.

I'll be sure to turn them in early.

I have a batch ready to send now. By the Dallas con, I'll surely have another.

And I can get them done without the wait! cloud9.gif

Just make sure you get there early; CGC got a little overwhelmed at the Chicago con and a number of people who thought they would get their books back at the show ended up having their books mailed to them. I submitted a book Friday morning - was supposed to be done same day - wasn't ready until the end of Saturday. In their defense it was the first time they were doing on-site grading and they didn't anticipate the huge response, so I'm sure they'll be a little more prepared this time.

I concur. Get your books ready before you go and get them in as early as possible.

It's been mentioned before that they will be bringing more staff to Dallas based on the success of the Chicago experiment, so hopefully turn-around time will be faster. You might as well get your books in on Friday so that you can be assured to get them back before the end of the weekend.

The response at Chicago was fantastic. Hopefully Dallas will be the same way and they will decide to do it at more conventions.

Kev

We will have more staff and faster computer lines for Dallas. Things should run a lot smoother at this show. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would still recommend getting the comics to us as early as possible. If you are around on Thursday night set up, we will even take them there. There will also be an very early cut off time on Sunday, submitting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday would be best.

We will have more staff and faster computer lines for Dallas. Things should run a lot smoother at this show. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would still recommend getting the comics to us as early as possible. If you are around on Thursday night set up, we will even take them there. There will also be an very early cut off time on Sunday, submitting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday would be best.

I may, in fact, make the drive to Dallas from OKC just for that! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh, are on-site prices any different than mail-in?

I may, in fact, make the drive to Dallas from OKC just for that! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great! I am setting up the CGC dinner for the Dallas show in November.

I will post another thread very soon about this.

Yes, prices will be higher. I don't know the exact prices. I will try to post them.

Yes, prices will be higher. I don't know the exact prices. I will try to post them.

Higher? [!@#%^&^], I was hoping for LOWER.

You're getting walk through service and you want *lower* prices?

makepoint.gif

Well, it's not prepostrous...Didn't CGC lower prices for convention season before?

Think of it this way...

The price comes out to around or less than you would pay to grade it with shipping both ways.

And no 6 week wait to get it back?

Sounds like a winner to me.

You're getting walk through service and you want *lower* prices?

makepoint.gif

Well, it's not prepostrous...Didn't CGC lower prices for convention season before?

I think what he was saying is that you are basically getting Walk Through service.....which is a mininum charge of $110 each if you mail your books in.....for a little more than the cost of their regular grading tiers.

They're opening a Drive-Thru CGC kiosk up the road from my house... it's tied in to an In-'N'-Out Burger location, so you can get fries with that!

I would think that people would pay a sizable premium for such quick turnaround... It's the 24-Hour Martinizing of grading/slabbing...

Speaking of which, someone should set up a "walk-up pressing" booth right next to the CGC booth ...