• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insanity on e-bay??

33 posts in this topic

Surprised too about the price of the Tec 35 as well. I thought it would go up to $2500 max for having Brittle Pages!?! Well, I guess it's good for anyone who has an unrestored copy of Tec 35.. :) It will only drive the prices up for my unrestored copy and anyone else's.

Surprised too about the price of the Tec 35 as well. I thought it would go up to $2500 max for having Brittle Pages!?! Well, I guess it's good for anyone who has an unrestored copy of Tec 35.. :) It will only drive the prices up for my unrestored copy and anyone else's.

Prices and demand for the Tec # 35 have moved upward dramatically over the past few years and is well documented..WHY isn't Overstreet paying attention??...The current GOOD 2.0 listing sits at $1150.00....Maybe they think it isn't a scarce book or the current market conditions are wrong and collectors are paying to much...I know it isn't a Tec # 29 or # 31 but one would think the valuation would be at least half of what # 29 or # 31 commands :gossip:

Prices and demand for the Tec # 35 have moved upward dramatically over the past few years and is well documented..WHY isn't Overstreet paying attention??

I'm glad the price is low in the OPG.....if I come across a collection and pay "Guide" for a copy, the seller feels good and I got a great deal. If a copy sells at 4 or 5 times Guide, it is newsworthy and proves that the issue is "hot". I wish the Guide price would drop even further, to keep my acquisition costs down even further and see even bigger multiples of Guide get reached when a sale occurs :gossip:

Steve

Prices and demand for the Tec # 35 have moved upward dramatically over the past few years and is well documented..WHY isn't Overstreet paying attention??

I'm glad the price is low in the OPG.....if I come across a collection and pay "Guide" for a copy, the seller feels good and I got a great deal. If a copy sells at 4 or 5 times Guide, it is newsworthy and proves that the issue is "hot". I wish the Guide price would drop even further, to keep my acquisition costs down even further and see even bigger multiples of Guide get reached when a sale occurs :gossip:

Steve

Steve,

Wouldn't it be more fair to offer the uniformed a realistic percentage of MARKET value? If your margins requirements are 80% that is cool, but, in the interest of fairness...

Steve

Steve,

Wouldn't it be more fair to offer the uniformed a realistic percentage of MARKET value? If your margins requirements are 80% that is cool, but, in the interest of fairness...

I wasn't going to offer a fellow collector or a non-collector Guide value.......I was only using that for my offer if the seller is you :makepoint:

Steve

Steve,

I wasn't going to offer a fellow collector or a non-collector Guide value.......I was only using that for my offer if the seller is you :makepoint:

(thumbs u Do unto others...

BTW, how about guide for your Tec 29?

What the hell is going on !!??

Detective Comics #35 ----- CGC'd 1.5 with brittle pages goes for $3150!!!!!

:banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This book I bought from Rick ( Detective27Kid ) last year ( shown here "raw" ). It graded Universal / no graders notes / 5.0 / Off-White pages.

I have had consistant inquiries to see if I wanted to sell ( or consign to an auction house or 2 ) every month or so since we did that deal. Tec 35 has "the magic".......just like Suspense 3, Pep 22, Fantastic 3 etc. etc.

1 year later...thanks again Rick! :acclaim:

Steve

(thumbs u

Just won a Weird Science Fantasy 25 Gaines copy. These books have really come down in price since Heritage flooded the market with them. If you love Gaines books, it's a good time to buy.

Ken

Maybe I should buy some. My luck is bad with them though. I owned a few dozen shortly after they came out, sold them a few months later. Afterwards the prices skyrocketed........ :sorry:

Just won a Weird Science Fantasy 25 Gaines copy. These books have really come down in price since Heritage flooded the market with them. If you love Gaines books, it's a good time to buy.

Ken

Maybe I should buy some. My luck is bad with them though. I owned a few dozen shortly after they came out, sold them a few months later. Afterwards the prices skyrocketed........ :sorry:

In that case...

Let me know when you want to sell them :devil:

Steve

Steve,

I know Showcase is being funny and all, but that is exactly the problem -- why do we have a OPG -- really only benefits the dealer. You have a Tec35, here I'll give you Guide for it -- see how fair I am.......you, I'll only charge you 3X guide because it typically goes for 4 to 5X guide according to the experts.." I think this is phlucking ballsheet!!

FISH (Still frustrated, but not quite as much anymore, but still want a Tec35......)