• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Employee Submission/Buying/Selling Policy

51 posts in this topic

This afternoon I received an unsolicited e-mail from Steve Eichenbaum, Chief Executive Officer, Certified Collectibles Group (NGC, CGC, NCS and PMG), in which he forwarded to me a copy of CCG's Employee Submission Policy. After reviewing the document I telephoned Mr. Eichenbaum to discuss the events of the last 48 hours. Let me say from the outset that Mr. Eichenbaum is a complete professional and rightly cares significantly about the perception of any of his companies, and I have greatly admired his professionalism and availability to me.

CCG does have in place very strict policies regarding whether their employees can buy, sell or use their products. The polices have been in place for quite some time particularly because CGC is actually one of their newer companies. This is a multi-million dollar company and perception is very important as it is, on many levels, the life-blood for their products.

I am posting below the CCG (and therefore CGC) policy about submissions (You will see the reference to "coins" in the second page. There is a version specific to "comics" but the only real difference is that word.). Of course, CCG did not need to reveal the document. It is a private company after all, but given the circumstances hopefully this will quell some of the concerns, and I commend Mr. Eichenbaum for his openness. I will let the documents speak for themselves, but personally I feel assured that the policy is being properly implemented.

As far as buying and selling is concerned, that is touched upon in the document and is set forth on the CGC website. BTW, the "Compliance Officer" is an individual who works at the CCG level.

Finally, let me say that I personally conveyed my wishes (and that of likely the majority of the forumites) that CGC employees, some of whom hold unbelievable knowledge about comics and probably everyone of whom (in my experience) are simply nice people, be continued to be allowed to post on the boards and share information with the community. I believe we will continue to see personal posts from CGC employees.

I hope that wasn't too legalistic above!!!! I tried!! I really did!!! (thumbs u

CGCEmploymentPolicies_p01.jpg

CGCEmploymentPolicies_p02.jpg

So I think we now have all the answers to our questions:

1) Employees can have their books graded

2) Employees rarely will be allowed to sell CGC books

and then from the other responses:

1) Employees can buy comics for their personal collection

2) Employees can sell comics to a limited degree

Is that it?

So I think we now have all the answers to our questions:

1) Employees can have their books graded

2) Employees rarely will be allowed to sell CGC books

and then from the other responses:

1) Employees can buy comics for their personal collection

2) Employees can sell comics to a limited degree

Is that it?

It appears point #2 (Employees rarely will be allowed to sell CGC books) is dependant on termination of employment or if a severe financial hardship occurred (even if this did occur approval would be needed).

CCG does have in place very strict policies regarding whether their employees can buy, sell or use their products. The polices have been in place for quite some time particularly because CGC is actually one of their newer companies. This is a multi-million dollar company and perception is very important as it is, on many levels, the life-blood for their products.

Not sure how such a policy can help perception.....if the policy has never been made public.