• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

news from Frank Brunner

139 posts in this topic

just got this note from Frank Brunner

"Hello Collectors, This will be my final solicitation for Deliveries of "MYTHOS" HC in time for XMAS!!!

I Have now recieved my copies of the Hardcover/Slipcase Edition, 144 Glorious Full Color Pages, signed and limited to only 400 copies. (there was to be a limited edition of 500 , but due to a printing short fall (endpapers) there are ONLY 400!!!!

PRICE: $50.+$5. (shipping) Foreign orders add $15.

Fullpage Sketch add $50. I am sketching in the HC deluxe (16 extra pages and slipcase) editions only!!!!

Send Payment to: KISARA BRUNNER, 312 Kildare Court, Myrtle Beach, S.C.29588 USA.(checks or M.O.or ASK about Paypal)

I know from your postings that the "Characters" are more important than who drew them!, for most of you. So here is a partial list of popular characters you will find cavorting and Posing on the 144 pages.

Dr. Strange,Clea, John Carter, Dejah Thoris, CONAN, Red Sonja, Vampirella, Sheena, KING KONG, Elric, Hawkmoon, Bran Mak Morn, Dark Phoenix, Mary Marvel, Princess Leia, The Spectre, BATMAN, Sandman&Death, Man-Thing, Thing, Merlin, Morgana,

Enemy Ace/Von Hammer, STAR WARS, Cthulhu, Magik, Rancor, DRACULA, Cleopatra, The Shadow, Voo Doo, Dragonus, Kuga, Alice in Wonderland, King Arthur, MARS ATTACKS, Gabriel, Jabba the Hut, Flare, FRANKENSTEIN, Darth Maul,

JURASSIC PARK, Dragons and Faeries,The MUMMY, Queen Amidala, Arzach, Howard the Duck &Beverly!!!!! plus many more never seen before depictions............

Thank you for your support and consideration. www.frankbrunner.net "

Ditko? (shrug)

I really like Ditko's work (and of course he co-created Dr. Strange). I think it is excellent. A lot of great creators worked on that character. While Ditko might have done a perfect Strange, Brunner did it EVEN MORE PERFECT. He just added that supernatural feel with such detail that Ditko didn't have with his style. Both are great though.

Nice package? :sick:

In order of importance:

Ditko

Colan

Adkins

Brunner

:sumo:

What would Hallis say? hm

I agree that it‘s quite silly to make comparisions: there wouldn’t even be a Doctor Strange if not for Ditko; doesn’t make much sense to try to tell "who’s best", one may just venture to say who probably represented Doctor Strange and his unique surroundings better, and I think Ditko, Colan, Brunner all rate above the others.

But Marie Severin, Bill Everett (a legend in his own right) and Rudy Nebres really understood Strange as much in the same way, and also Dan Adkins committed wholeheartedly to the character and the stories, in his brief run.

This is not to say the others were "worse", I just think those captured Doc’s world better. ;)