• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions - How is this possible?

104 posts in this topic

But in the future if I were to bid on one of those books, I think I'd get into the floor auctions and not even bother with the early bidding.

I'm watching them now. They seem to fly by pretty fast (under 10 seconds if there aren't any live bids).

What is the difference between Bid Placed (HALive) and Bid Placed (Book)?

I'm watching it as well. That Heritage Live! software is pretty slick to say the least - huge red button ready to clean out your wallet!

Yes, the HALive RED button works really well! (thumbs u

When you press it, the signal appears to be instantaneously picked up by Heritage and goes right through even when the Fair Warning message is flashing.

I remember when they had it on eBay Live that it was pretty impossible to win anything as the feed was deadly slow. I remember pressing the button only to find out that the lot had already closed. Of course, I did win one auction for something like $1,500 when I pressed the button at the $700 mark. doh!lol

HALive is so much better than eBay Live! (thumbs u

I agree... that HALive button was VERY impressive.

Yet another reason to dislike Heritage. Throw it on the pile. :tonofbricks:

Yes, giving your bigger customers additional benefits is such a unique, evil thing to do. I can't imagine any other company in the world does that. meh

I know this may come as a SHOCK to some...but believe it or not, people with a better credit rating get a lower interest rate on, say, a mortgage for example...or a car...I know people with poor credit ratings think it should be the other way around...Whoda thunk it! doh!

The only book I've purchased from Heritage is a FF1 back in August. From start to finish, I'd rate the experience a 9 out of 10...from my first bid to final delivery.

- Brannon

even a dirty dog, has it's day... hm

I kinda get the feeling you got burnt by Heritage? Hey, you're not the first and I'm probably due for a 8-story fall next time...