• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numb3rs

59 posts in this topic

A good buddy of mine, Tony Fleecs (we used to go to conventions together, but recently moved to LA...sigh) was one of the creators in this episode. I missed his call on Thanksgiving eve, but will hopefully talk to him soon...

maybe he scored some props lol, I will post what he thought about making it and if anything unusual happened during filming...

(thumbs u

I just watched it. Never saw the show before. Great episode for comics fans... but I had some pretty big problems with the "science" of it. And I was hoping "Jack Kirby" was behind the crime! Though I sure that would have been mean, since he had lost so much already. But he had a motive.

I just watched it. Never saw the show before. Great episode for comics fans... but I had some pretty big problems with the "science" of it.

Stop right there... Numbahzzzz is written for (and by) people who add with their fingers.

I just watched it. Never saw the show before. Great episode for comics fans... but I had some pretty big problems with the "science" of it.

Stop right there... Numbahzzzz is written for (and by) people who add with their fingers.

Ohh... so its written for you?

If you missed it, clickie here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/numb3rs/ to watch it online.

(It's the episode titled "Graphic")

Thanks for the link, the episode was definitely very cool. (thumbs u

That being said, I do have a couple of questions about the auction though:

SPOILER WARNING

1.) Since the crime occurred at a comic covention, and the ashcan Ultra World #1 was the only original in existence, didn't the 3rd party graders notice something fishy when they were grading 14 copies of it at relatively the same time?! The police should've at least questioned them regarding who the submitter was. If the books were sold already slabbed, then we have a bigger problem here!

2.) I'm assuming that the artist Seth is an expert at breaking open slabs, and re-inserting the original book and label in there without anyone noticing.

3.) Each of the first 10 fake copies of Ultra World #1 sold for around $600 to $700. Now, why the heck was that one lady bidding $5,000 for the 11th fake copy. I'd understand if it was the last copy being auctioned off and she didn't want to miss out, but she had a chance at 3 other copies that were still to come. Was this book graded higher than the rest? If so, then Seth made a mistake when swapping the original with the highest graded fake copy!

I'm just nit-picking here, since I did enjoy the episode. :applause:

If you missed it, clickie here: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/numb3rs/ to watch it online.

SPOILER WARNING

1.) Since the crime occurred at a comic covention, and the ashcan Ultra World #1 was the only original in existence, didn't the 3rd party graders notice something fishy when they were grading 14 copies of it at relatively the same time?! The police should've at least questioned them regarding who the submitter was. If the books were sold already slabbed, then we have a bigger problem here!

2.) I'm assuming that the artist Seth is an expert at breaking open slabs, and re-inserting the original book and label in there without anyone noticing.

3.) Each of the first 10 fake copies of Ultra World #1 sold for around $600 to $700. Now, why the heck was that one lady bidding $5,000 for the 11th fake copy. I'd understand if it was the last copy being auctioned off and she didn't want to miss out, but she had a chance at 3 other copies that were still to come. Was this book graded higher than the rest? If so, then Seth made a mistake when swapping the original with the highest graded fake copy!

None of the copies were graded. The cases they were in looked like CGC cases but had no header and no infomation and no grade on them.

They made a big deal of the fact that the owner of the book "did not have it authenticated" before it was stolen.

Even though it was in a cgc-like case it was not graded or authenticated...none of the copies were.

C

SPOILER WARNING

None of the copies were graded. The cases they were in looked like CGC cases but had no header and no infomation and no grade on them.

They made a big deal of the fact that the owner of the book "did not have it authenticated" before it was stolen.

Even though it was in a cgc-like case it was not graded or authenticated...none of the copies were.

C

Thanks, that answers my first 2 questions. (thumbs u