• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BREAKING NEWS! Batman #1 CGC 9.0 sells for $300,000!!!

256 posts in this topic

hello all....

again, we are looking at this from "our" perspective.... we have no idea if a mutil multi millionaire was not the buyer, to whom $300,000 is just an afterthought?....

I agree it is a very strong price to pay relative to historical prices paid , but a book is worth what someone is willing to pay, and someone was obviously willing to pay that.... and, a batman #1 in 9.0 is very scarce (only 3 have surfaced, and even if 10 more were to, that is still a small number)

rick

It is all relative.If you have Bill Gates money what would it matter?I know if I had that much money the highest graded copies of Detective 1-26 would be mine.

hello all....

again, we are looking at this from "our" perspective.... we have no idea if a mutil multi millionaire was not the buyer, to whom $300,000 is just an afterthought?....

I agree it is a very strong price to pay relative to historical prices paid , but a book is worth what someone is willing to pay, and someone was obviously willing to pay that.... and, a batman #1 in 9.0 is very scarce (only 3 have surfaced, and even if 10 more were to, that is still a small number)

rick

It is all relative.If you have Bill Gates money what would it matter?I know if I had that much money the highest graded copies of Detective 1-26 would be mine.

Only problem would be that many of those are locked into collections and aren't budging any time soon. Kinda like all the Church Spirits that Chuck still has and said he'll pass on to his kids :pullhair:

the Mile High Batman 1 does have color touch on it,as many of the key books do.

Matter fact, most of the top 20 books from the collection do have work done to them[[[NOT ALL]] but most of them do

Was that work done by a person in washington?

I think Reagan was working on those books in the early '80s.

hello all....

rick

Only problem would be that many of those are locked into collections and aren't budging any time soon. Kinda like all the Church Spirits that Chuck still has and said he'll pass on to his kids :pullhair:

correct...all the money in the world won't get some of those books...at that level, it is not about money, but about opportunity...if you get the oppt to buy, you do...sometimes you never do, so you spend the $'s on what you can get...

rick

hello all....

rick

correct...all the money in the world won't get some of those books...at that level, it is not about money, but about opportunity...if you get the oppt to buy, you do...sometimes you never do, so you spend the $'s on what you can get...

rick

Rick,

You may be right.But you offer enough some people will sell.Would the mile high Action 1 be for sale at 5 million?

hello all....

rick

rick

I dont know... like they say, everything has a price ;)

hello all....

rick

rick

Rick,

You may be right.But you offer enough some people will sell.Would the mile high Action 1 be for sale at 5 million?

nope...the denstist has said at no price would he sell...why? because owning the MH Action 1 is worth far more than money...if he was financially stricken, then I am sure he would sell...but money means nothing to him compared to owning the MH action 1...I suspect you could offer 10million and he wouldn't sell, according to folks that know him, that I have talked to...

rick

Congrats to the seller and congrats to the buyer. (thumbs u

at that level, it is not about money, but about opportunity

Your absolutely correct. I'm not even sure why we're debating it. I guess those who can do and those who can't whine and complain about over paying. :whistle:

That book will never be for sale[MH ACTION 1] Hes only 52 .

That is,unless there is a better copy.That is the senario that brought out the MH Detective 27 into the market .The Allentown was discovered and D.A sold the M.H.

I dont think that is so far fetched that in a country with 50 million homes theres an untouched nm somewhere.Certainly unlikely but not impossible.Anyway,thats the only way your ever going to see the copy with CHURCH written on the cover.

hello all....

rick

Its hard enough just getting Tec 1-26 :frustrated:

hello all....

rick

:pullhair:

hello all....

rick

:pullhair:

exactly...my point...sometimes all the money in the world means nothing if something is not available for sale :)