• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BREAKING NEWS! Batman #1 CGC 9.0 sells for $300,000!!!

256 posts in this topic

no, I dont. I (like Tec27kid) dont see a real premium on 9.4 vs 9.0 in elite GA keys. 9.0 is plenty good enough and a freakish 9.4 wouldnt (or shouldnt ) sell for the same multiples as a SA book does.

So if we define "blow away" as 100% more? No, I dont think it blows away a top 5 (or so?) unrestored Action 1 like yours.

btw, which Bat 1 does Dave have if the Church is colortouched?

not to be a sychophant here, but I agree. Josh managed a killer sale here. And Im pretty positive it will be absorbed into the hobby structure, raising other prices accordingly. But for now, its way up there and feels a bit "new"... compared to all other Batman 1 sales to date.

Big jumops always look silly for awhile but are woven into the pricing framework over time (unless they are just wacko and unsustainable like many of JPs deals.)

I think there are more Batman comic collectors out there than there are superman collectors so you never know., but remember, when it comes to comicbooks over 350k we are talkin about what Captain Kirk referred to as[where no man has gone before] this is a very unpredictible part of the comicbook galaxy where very few reside.I dont see a bat 1 Supernova over the Action 1

So, $200k to $240k to $450k in two years??????? That's crazy. :screwy:

In the original thread on this book in 2004, it was noted that the book was going to be listed on clink at $300k. Was the listed price on clink dropped to $200k at some point?

My recollection is that it was offered on CL at $200k. I thought I remembered it even being offered at some point at $195k. I know I was offered it at some point but I honestly can't remember the price. I'll check to see if I have any of the old e-mails.

Perhaps I am remembering this wrong and it was $300k. (shrug)

Does anyone else remember these figures?

In the original thread on this book in 2004, it was noted that the book was going to be listed on clink at $300k. Was the listed price on clink dropped to $200k at some point?

My recollection is that it was offered on CL at $200k. I thought I remembered it even being offered at some point at $195k. I know I was offered it at some point but I honestly can't remember the price. I'll check to see if I have any of the old e-mails.

Does anyone else remember these figures?

I think youre right. I think it was in the Kramer Batman run Comiclink auction with the rest of the run. It didnt sell, or meet reserve, and went up on the link afterwards at 240 or 300 K. Who can remember without taking notes??

You really think its been pressed? Your not the first Ihave heard that from.

My view is based on the appearance of the book (especially the spine) and the history of whose hands it has passed through. I am not knocking the fact that it may have been pressed; I'm just making the observation.

The most ever paid for a comicbook is J.ps purchase from mr Geppi for the pay copy of Marvel 1, right? 350K....So this 300k Bat 1 sale would be the second highest price ever paid for a comicbook followed by the Mile High Flash 1..THats a pretty significant sale.

I believe JP also paid $350K for the MH Flash 1.

It's not quite as clear cut as I had remembered either. I'd thought the seller mentioned the price in the original thread, but looking through it he did not. For what it's worth, here's a second thread on the book that does mention the 300k figure:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1697891&Searchpage=1&Main=94534&Words=300k&topic=0&Search=true#Post1697891

The most ever paid for a comicbook is J.ps purchase from mr Geppi for the pay copy of Marvel 1, right? 350K....So this 300k Bat 1 sale would be the second highest price ever paid for a comicbook followed by the Mile High Flash 1..THats a pretty significant sale.

I can't remember the price on the Mile High Flash, but I think the 9.6 Cap 1 was around 265K so its up there as well in 3rd or 4th

It was originally listed on CLink at the $300K price.

Very interesting discussion and sale, as at Heritage last week there was just another $300K+ sale of a movie poster and has brought on similar discussions about the top of the market there, who's buying and the possibility that several big ticket items could be heading overseas right now due to the depressed value of the US Dollar.

And when talking about big ticket comic sales, why does everyone always forget the 8.0 Detective #27 that sold for $278K five years ago? I guess at this point it just seems like a fantasy that such a high-grade key would actually change hands.