• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe a future friendlier way to read our comicbooks

125 posts in this topic

And I'm still waiting for you to show us the "one-use brick" you keep referring to.

The Kindle is a single-use device, even Amazon admits this - why can't you?

Three years ago, we set out to design and build an entirely new class of device—a convenient, portable reading device with the ability to wirelessly download books, blogs, magazines, and newspapers. The result is Amazon Kindle.

That's all it does. It can't send or compose email, it can't browse the Internet, it can't take pictures, it can't play music or movies.

Amazon never admitted it's a single-use device. You're wrong so much in here, Joe. Why can't you just admit when you are?

"Includes free wireless access to the planet's most exhaustive and up-to-date encyclopedia—Wikipedia.org.

Email your Word documents and pictures (.JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .PNG) to Kindle for easy on-the-go viewing.

Buy a book and it is auto-delivered wirelessly in less than one minute

Top U.S. newspapers including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post; top magazines including TIME, Atlantic Monthly, and Forbes—all auto-delivered wirelessly."

It lets you buys books...review documents and pictures you can email to it...download magazines and newspapers. It does several things. You can't see that. That's understandable based on your tunnel vision that has made you so grossly wrong in the past. But I'll never give up trying to educate you, Joe...as long as there's the smallest scrap of human intelligence left in you...I'll NEVER give up on you.

It lets you buys books...review documents and pictures you can email to it...download magazines and newspapers. It does several things.

lollollol

Yeah, it's a wireless device that displays documents. It does ONE THING and ONE THING only.

You probably think a $10 DVD player is multi-function because it can play BOTH Spider-man and FF movies. lol

Exactly. As stated on the website, you can email your Word documents and pictures to it for easy on-the-go viewing. It also includes free wireless access to Wikipedia.org. Seems like a multi-function device.

Nope, and you seem to have trouble with basic English.

The Kindle is a wireless portable reading device with the ability to download books, blogs, magazines, and newspapers.

That's ALL it does. Wirelessly download and display. It doesn't matter if it through an online store or email, it's still a WIRELESS DOWNLOAD. Nothing about its functionality changes.

How can this be so hard for you to grasp? lol

Nope. It also lets you email documents and pictures to it from your computer. It also gives you wireless access to Wikipdia.org. Perhaps your understanding of only basic English is what's holding this conversation up. Let me know when you've moved past "See Spot run" and I'll try to explain it to you again.

So...you admit that you were wrong all those years.

Is English your second or third language?

Seriously, would it be easier for you to converse in French... German? Let me know.

So you know that you were wrong all those years and still refuse to admit it? That's more like it. I thought you had gone and matured on us all of a sudden. :eek:

It lets you buys books...review documents and pictures you can email to it...download magazines and newspapers. It does several things.

lollollol

Yeah, it's a wireless device that displays documents. It does ONE THING and ONE THING only.

You probably think a $10 DVD player is multi-function because it can play BOTH Spider-man and FF movies. lol

Joe...you know you're wrong. You were wrong about it being low-rez and grainy like you said at the beginning of this thread...and you're wrong now. I don't blame you for being wrong, Joe. I just feel sorry for you. :(

:pullhair:

Don't worry, I'm done here, as it's obvious he's just yanking my chain. doh!

When these devices become popular, you'll see how wrong you were. You'll never admit it...but deep down we'll both know. They're more convenient than lugging around actual books, and downloading additional reading material to them is quick and easy. Don't get too caught up in your everything-must-be-capable-of-doing-everything mind set, Vince. Sometimes the simple solution is the best.

I wouldn't mind if someone produced a cheap stripped down tablet pc as a reader. A portable reader is all that's missing with the tons of .cbr/.cbz content available.

The two biggest appeal factors would be the ability to toss a mini-warehouse's worth of longboxes into a nightstand drawer or suitcase, and being able to zoom in on artwork detail.

TabletPC.jpg

new technology that in the future might make reading comics or books a different experience. especially could help people who always have trouble with how thier eyes always hurt reading comics on a computer screen.

Kindle

Just like all new technologies, I would expect the price to drop as it gets more mainstream. it would be cool if I could get my monthly fix of Superman or Spider-man on this.

Edited by DAVIDBANNER (11/25/07 11:15 AM)

How can DAVIDBANNER edit a post by MR.COMICBOOK? 47649-confused.gif

Not these particular devices, but the subject of a digitized "universal library" was discussed at length in the New Yorker ("Future Reading", November 5 issue)...the letters section (The Mail) in December 10 issue expressed mostly doubt regarding the technology/alternative to leafing through a book or comic book for that matter...