• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago

600 posts in this topic

So you're going to make it after all?

Don't know yet. With my brother not going don't know if I want to go alone.

You can hang with us forum members. (shrug)

Buck, sometimes going alone is the best time!

(thumbs u

:acclaim:

On the Sat, I will be in downtown Chicago. What are the top 5 tourist traps for someone without a rental car?

e.g. Millenium Park, Art Institute, Grant Park, Field's Museum, Macy's, Filene's Basement?

On the Sat, I will be in downtown Chicago. What are the top 5 tourist traps for someone without a rental car?

e.g. Millenium Park, Art Institute, Grant Park, Field's Museum, Macy's, Filene's Basement?

Field Museum is a must. I think they filmed The Relic there. Great book, bad movie.

Try the Taste of Chicago. It starts Friday June 27 and it has various restaurants and eateries from around Chicago offering their wares. Usually draws in the millions each year.

Try the Taste of Chicago. It starts Friday June 27 and it has various restaurants and eateries from around Chicago offering their wares. Usually draws in the millions each year.

He's too cheap to do that so suggest something else.

go drink some lake water ?

:jokealert:

lol

Well, I got an email from Farecast Fare Alert today and flights Cincinnati to Chicago dropped BIG TIME! From $500+ to $155. That's a huge savings.It’s now cheaper for me to fly than drive. I will also save over 5 hours in total travel time. Yippee!!!!! I hate driving and was dreading the 5 hour drive by myself. :banana:

I’m officially back in for Chicago. :applause:

I loved the Navy pier...

I loved the Navy pier...

:o

I loved the Navy pier...

:o

:gossip:Ummm...there were great restaurants, a boat, a ferris wheel and a Tiffany Glass exhibit...Nordstrums is a LOT nicer than Macy's;) :cloud9:

I have to visit the art museum and aquarium so I hope that food fest, or whatever it is, doesn't make getting downtown a major headache? any advice for friday? thanks.

Traffic will probably be pretty brutal dependent on what time you go. All you can do is tough it out. Only one expressway going into downtown from Rosemont. Does that mean your coming, Mike?

I have to visit the art museum and aquarium so I hope that food fest, or whatever it is, doesn't make getting downtown a major headache? any advice for friday? thanks.

Traffic will probably be pretty brutal dependent on what time you go. All you can do is tough it out. Only one expressway going into downtown from Rosemont.

How about the train?

Traffic will probably be pretty brutal dependent on what time you go. All you can do is tough it out. Only one expressway going into downtown from Rosemont.

How about the train?

Taking the subway would be highly recommended. You can catch it at River Road and it'll take you downtown. Mind you, you're going to have to walk or take a cab to get to Navy Pier or the Taste, but it beats sitting in traffic and having to pay for parking (if you find any available).