• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago

600 posts in this topic

Hyatt!

Change of plans....

Hotel Sofitel!

Hyatt's only $90 a night with AAA discount.

Why so expensive?

It's where the VCC elite are staying. :gossip:

The nerd quotient was a big reason for the change of plans.

That and the Sofitel's pillows are fluffier.

Dude, you are going to a comic book convention. These things attract nerds like :censored: attracts flies.

I knew that when I saw your name on the list of attendees.

Hyatt!

Change of plans....

Hotel Sofitel!

Why so expensive?

Dude, you are going to a comic book convention. These things attract nerds like :censored: attracts flies.

This coming from the man who has Tarzan underoos and rooming with Billy Parker. :baiting:

Hyatt!

Change of plans....

Hotel Sofitel!

Why so expensive?

This coming from the man who has Tarzan underoos and rooming with Billy Parker. :baiting:

This coming from a man that has an "I <3 Dave Cockrum" tattoo and splits take out orders of Pho with Loey.

Even though I am not going I must say the Hyatt was an awesome place to stay when I went back in 2006:

1) You can just roll out of bed and walk like 200 feet to the convention

2) A good buffet breakfast every morning thanks to my ex-g/fs; Triple A card

3) Convienant subway to downtown

4) Great sports bar, where Lou Ferrigno hit on my ex-g/f and bought us a round of beers ( lol

5) I got to see M. Turner twice in the elevator (he is such a cool dude) :applause:

Man, now I wish I was going again, perhaps 2009 :wishluck:

Have fun everyone.

John

Why do I even bother making hotel reservations through Wizard. I'm calling the Hyatt now to see if they'll honor the AAA rates for my room. This could save me $100 in total.

However, my brother called and he has a job interview with the local Police Department on Saturday. Now that he can't go I'm not so sure I will make the trip.

Called the Hyatt and they made the adjustments, You guys just saved me $140 :applause:

grab a few more exclusives. :hi:

My spending will be nill. :(

A book I need to have is in the next clink auction. Gotta start saving now because it will be mine. :sumo:

Another option is the Doubletree, they just lowered their rates if you call them directly, not through Wizard World...it's $116 a night, including Thursday, which comes to about the same as the Hyatt with the two cheap nights.

The one thing I don't like about the Hyatt, is if you are in the center, not in a wing, the noise level just rises with the floors, just in case anyone WANTED to try and sleep.

Another option is the Doubletree, they just lowered their rates if you call them directly, not through Wizard World...it's $116 a night, including Thursday, which comes to about the same as the Hyatt with the two cheap nights.

The one thing I don't like about the Hyatt, is if you are in the center, not in a wing, the noise level just rises with the floors, just in case anyone WANTED to try and sleep.

:screwy:

I WILL BE the noise in that place so I'm ok with it.

:headbang:

I WILL BE the noise in that place so I'm ok with it.

:headbang:

:gossip: He's not kidding...

So you're going to make it after all?

Don't know yet. With my brother not going don't know if I want to go alone.

You can hang with us forum members. (shrug)

Buck, sometimes going alone is the best time!

(thumbs u