• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hope this doesn't pizz anyone off.....

152 posts in this topic

I'm not clear on what you're asking. To me the two advantages of offering my books on the boards - to the buyer - are:

1) if it's random stuff, it's usually dirt cheap

2) If it's high demand stuff, they get first shot.

This benefits me both when I buy and sell. There's no way I would have got some of the books I got recently on Ebay.

Seems like most other people do the same. Are you seeing things differently?

either as buyer or seller, this is almost exactly how i see value in the marketplace.

Everything is a deal on these boards. If you don't give it away it won't sell and people expect you to give things away.

That's not true. If you have things people want, they will pay a premium, same as everywhere else. I charge close to GPA for high grade, raw silver on a weekly basis and they sell through almost immediately every time. If a seller has common junk that's priced high, it sits. If they have desireable books that are tightly graded, they fly out of the house. It's no mystery. (shrug)

yep especially if your name is nik, october..............

Everything is a deal on these boards. If you don't give it away it won't sell and people expect you to give things away.

That's not true. If you have things people want, they will pay a premium, same as everywhere else. I charge close to GPA for high grade, raw silver on a weekly basis and they sell through almost immediately every time. If a seller has common junk that's priced high, it sits. If they have desireable books that are tightly graded, they fly out of the house. It's no mystery. (shrug)

(shrug) He has nice books, grades them tighly and prices them fairly. That's really all it takes.

I would like to add that some of those charging near GPA or full guide are also some of the best graders you can find.

Guys like Nik,Flaming,October,Greggy and Quality come to mind.I have bought raw books from all these guys that have graded higher then the grades they stated.

(shrug):sorry:

I hear ya danny, i won the flippin grading contest and get no respect. Just because you undergrade doesn't mean you can grade.

Sorry fella's you both should be on the list too as well as people like cd4ever,Banner and more but I don't want to make a list with 30 people so..... :foryou:

I think the boards are a great place to sell. I am still selling off of a thread that I posted months ago.

If people want it. It will sell. I have thought about getting me a Greek last name. hm

(shrug) He has nice books, grades them tighly and prices them fairly. That's really all it takes.

What I'm saying is if we both had the same exact books in the same exact grade for the same exact price, yours would sell and mine would sit for the 50% discount day.

No Andy, there has to be more to it then that!! :sumo: Oh wait.. no there doesn't.

(:

Ze-

I've been VERY happy selling here during the past year. I lost money on lots of stuff, sure, but damn near all of it sold, which is more than you can say for eBay. Profit is nice, but liquidity is sometimes good, too, and that's pretty much what the Marketplace forum represented to me as a seller...

What I'm saying is if we both had the same exact books in the same exact grade for the same exact price, yours would sell and mine would sit for the 50% discount day.

It would sell on discount day though, because I would recognize the deal, buy it, and flip it in my own thread at a 2x markup. :grin:

I have never had problems selling on here... maybe you need to fix your prices? I dont know since I never pay attention to your threads :P

Guess I got confused on the meaning of your graemlin post.

It would sell on discount day though, because I would recognize the deal, buy it, and flip it in my own thread at a 2x markup. :grin:

fo shizzle

All kidding aside, I really can understand where you are coming from. I can't explain why this is.... but there is a hint of truth to it.

Not to say there have not also been many members sell out, but for the most part I see some books sit for days that make me scratch my head why they didn't sell.

Can drive a person batty.

Ze-

i have gottin the greatest love through the sale forum! i cant think of anywhere else to find a prety darn nice copy of silver surfer #1 for 70$ also half a collection of wrightson covers for very lil! and the great sketch covers of cap! o and the hundreds of #1s i have gotin for pennies on the peice!

i am very pleased with the market place here! and would like my sales site to be so nice,and understanding in price!

no problems here!

if you were selling the exact same books or the same type as Nik -- then I think they would sell... Nik even did well on his last slabs thread.

I've had a lot of success in the sales threads -- and better yet, I've had success buying. It's allowed me to make new connections to find sellers who are strict graders and access to great material.

Obviously October, Nik are two great sellers, but there are a few others that I've tapped into and they have provided me with some unbelievable books -- one thing that is a remnant of the old school is that personal relationships often lead you to the best books... and the boards are a great place to make that connection.