• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hope this doesn't pizz anyone off.....

152 posts in this topic

I would like to add that some of those charging near GPA or full guide are also some of the best graders you can find.

Guys like Nik,Flaming,October,Greggy and Quality come to mind.I have bought raw books from all these guys that have graded higher then the grades they stated.

Sweet, I'm going to jack up my VCC prices. :D
:eek: I've got tons of Christmas money but am boycotting the VCC due to certain elite members jacking up their prices. :whistle:
Someone else will buy then (shrug)

I would like to add that some of those charging near GPA or full guide are also some of the best graders you can find.

Guys like Nik,Flaming,October,Greggy and Quality come to mind.I have bought raw books from all these guys that have graded higher then the grades they stated.

:eek: I've got tons of Christmas money but am boycotting the VCC due to certain elite members jacking up their prices. :whistle:

I am sure the Hawaii dudes will snap them up.

I am sure the Hawaii dudes will snap them up.

:cool:

Admit it! you were torn when you thought I abandon your VCC sales thread you were probably crying like a wuss and just now got yourself composed enough to make a reply! rantrant

Admit it! you were torn when you thought I abandon your VCC sales thread you were probably crying like a wuss and just now got yourself composed enough to make a reply! rantrant

That retort was more than fashionably late, Lawrence.

That retort was more than fashionably late, Lawrence.

I was having dinner with my wife. (shrug)

I was somewhat mildly called out awhile back on some CGC-graded early TOS (issues in the 40s-60s) that my ask prices were too close to OS and GPA...me being a fairly-newbie and all it was nice of Divad to stick up for me...my attitude if it's CGC I'm looking to get pretty close to guide on non-keys but books that are generally valued in the $50+ range...hey I'm a buyer too and if I want it I pay guide or close to guide all the time...

Having said that, I'd say just about every reasonable offer I received here (usually putting more than 1 book together in the 10-20% discount range of my ask) I've accepted...just like Nik posted in the last week or so and stated prices were firm...I respect that...and why not

There are always deals to be had here and there are plenty of deals to be had on ebay as well (has never been the plague for me that so many paint it out to be)...as for Clink and Heritage, deals are as rare as whale teeth...

The way things are going in the Marketplace, GPA might have to start tracking the transactions happening on the boards!!

I hope it's not an indication of dire straits (i.e job loss, illness), but rather a recentering of one's collecting focus.

My experience here:

The right books like say Phantom Stranger in higher grades sell at guide

The wrong books like Strange Sports Stories 1 in HG sell for less than half guide(as it should be btw)

From a buying standpoint:

If people would sell their 6.5 and up pre-code(which never seems to happen) I am willing to pay Clink/Heritage prices for ones I want.

If they are selling, oh I don't know, raw 9.4 copies of Spectacular Spider-Man 1 I wouldn't pay near guide.

My point, the right books(like what October sells for instance, the Avengers books I recently sold), get the asked for price. The wrong books need to be discounted. I think I see that in the marketplace on a daily basis. Also, it all depends on the right buyer at the right time(just like on eBay). Someone, even better if a couple someones, are collecting a certain title...they jump on books because they want them before others get them.

I have had a lot of good luck on here in the past year. I am down to the X books in my sig line from this year alone. I just am frustrated in not finding (or beating others to them ) on here lately.

oooops, what happend to my list?

cut and pasted

Need X-men #'s 1-7, 12, 13, 16, 17, 28, 32-34, 45, 46, 50, 52, 55, 62, 70, 72, 75, 78, 79 and 83), Superman and Superboy runs.