• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman heating up?

20 posts in this topic

I completed a close to NM run of this series about 2 years ago for about $250 (and that was with some multiples). Now I see that #15 regularly goes for over $100 and the entire series is selling for close to $500.

Anybody know why this is appreciating so quickly?

I sold my duplicate copies a couple of years ago when it was rumored that the rights between Gaiman, McFarlane and whomever else were just about sorted out, and supposedly Marvel was going to bring the character back to print (including reprinting the TPBs of the Moore issues). Figured that was the time to sell. doh!

All that turned out not to happen, and as far as I can tell, they are no closer to being able to move forward now than they were a few years ago.

One of the best series ever. Agree with Zonker, it's all to do with the rights and being unable to be reprinted (apart from the original trades back when).

The full set of trades will run you just as much as the individual issues....if you can even find them.

I had a few sets too, that I sold off. Only ever owned ONE copy of #15

I only have left a Vietch signed #10 and a NM+ issue #21

I do, however, had all the tpb, which I love having around. GREAT, great stories.

I bought them at cover price in a small shop in Buffalo NY about 16 years ago.

The shop didn't last long, but man they had some great stuff.

I do, however, had all the tpb, which I love having around. GREAT, great stories.

I remember seeing those on my first visit to your house. So jealous!

Second visit to your house, I don't remember so much. :grin:

i found a nice torrent online last week that has all the Miracleman books in it, including Apocrypha, Miracleman 3D, etc.

been reading the series this week, for the first time. finally, right? lol

i found a nice torrent online last week that has all the Miracleman books in it, including Apocrypha, Miracleman 3D, etc.

Finally! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

i'm on ish 13. Moore is going waaaaaay florid with the prose. but i dig it, bruv

i'm on ish 13. Moore is going waaaaaay florid with the prose. but i dig it, bruv

Man, you're right at the beginning of the best arc ever!!! :banana:

...Now I see that #15 regularly goes for over $100 and the entire series is selling for close to $500.

:o

Wow, where have I been? I guess it's pretty cool that my 9 - 22 came right off the rack then :) I never did grab a 23 or 24 though. Was 24 an actual ending or did it just become one by default? Book 4 seemed to have a good enough end in 22...well except for the few pages after the letter col ;)

Oooo, just noticed the ad on the back inside cover for the collected hardcovers. $30 each...man, wouldn't those be nice to have for that price?!

I never did grab a 23 or 24 though. Was 24 an actual ending or did it just become one by default?

By default. And one of the craziest cliffhangers ever. Gaiman has said that he has the story completed and would like to get it published. Stupid Todd McFarlane. :frustrated:

Oooo, just noticed the ad on the back inside cover for the collected hardcovers. $30 each...man, wouldn't those be nice to have for that price?!

Even nicer would be the "free" (but $5 postage) copy of the non-3D edition of the MM 3D Special (as advertised in the MM #D Special reg Edition). :cloud9:

Yup did you see the books on ebay over the weekend? Whew this series is definitely on the upside right now. I plan to get about 10 of my MM slabbed but am just too lazy to pack em. lol

No, missed those. I wouldn't mind getting mine slabbed but as soon as I do, I will want to read em again! :cry:

A few years ago, 15 was the only issue that commanded a premium. These days anything 14 and over sells very well, and deservedly so as they are very tough to find, particularly the Gaiman issues.

The 1-5 issues are still very cheap and very plentiful.

I never did grab a 23 or 24 though. Was 24 an actual ending or did it just become one by default?

By default. And one of the craziest cliffhangers ever. Gaiman has said that he has the story completed and would like to get it published. Stupid Todd McFarlane. :frustrated:

Even nicer would be the "free" (but $5 postage) copy of the non-3D edition of the MM 3D Special (as advertised in the MM #D Special reg Edition). :cloud9:

Darn those by default endings! Heh, I will have to check the 3D issue so I too can pine for the goodness of a $5 non-3D issue...