• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the real reasons Captain America got killed off?

37 posts in this topic

Always thought the CAP was past his sell by date in terms of trying to compete with SPIDEY, BATMAN, HULK, IRON MAN, X-MEN et al.

I've always thought he was a trifle camp, even in the camp world of super-heroes...and a bit dated.

Funny how Captain America is the best written comic being published right now. Perhaps the best ever now that I think of it.....

I'm I reading this correctly? no 'typos' in there?

The CURRENT CA comic, is the BEST EVER WRITTEN????

lol

Always thought the CAP was past his sell by date in terms of trying to compete with SPIDEY, BATMAN, HULK, IRON MAN, X-MEN et al.

I've always thought he was a trifle camp, even in the camp world of super-heroes...and a bit dated.

Funny how Captain America is the best written comic being published right now. Perhaps the best ever now that I think of it.....

lol

Yep. You read it yet?

That article was written in 2003, which means it was settled years before they even thought of killing Cap off.

Multi-million corporations plan things years ahead. Marvel probally allready has plans for the summer of 2009. just like thier digital comics tooks years to come to fruition. its not like lets throw some mess at a wall and hope it sticks with these corporations. everything is planned out ahead.

That article was written in 2003, which means it was settled years before they even thought of killing Cap off.

Multi-million corporations plan things years ahead. Marvel probally allready has plans for the summer of 2009. just like thier digital comics tooks years to come to fruition. its not like lets throw some mess at a wall and hope it sticks with these corporations. everything is planned out ahead.

Marvel plans out their stories a year in advance at well publicized retreats. Not years... :gossip:

You're giving Marvel way too much credit by the way. They've shown time and again they have no short term plans much less a master plan under the Quesada regime... :makepoint:

Jim

Marvel plans out their stories a year in advance at well publicized retreats. Not years... :gossip:

You're giving Marvel way too much credit by the way. They've shown time and again they have no short term plans much less a master plan under the Quesada regime... :makepoint:

Jim

:( Why am I still reading?

lol

Yep. You read it yet?

Indeed, multiple times, which is why i'm 'cyber laughing'... lol

i hope Cap comes back in mid 2008

He'll be back. Steve Rogers will be back.

I don't care for the metallic costume that Ross has designed for the so-called new Cap.

I don't care for the metallic costume that Ross has designed for the so-called new Cap.

Fashion police, fashion police! Agreed, the only thing that new thing needs is nipples and a pink triangle.

Fashion police, fashion police! Agreed, the only thing that new thing needs is nipples and a pink triangle.

lol

Jim

2009 is a year and a half away not years. check Amazon sometimes they have dates of Marvel stuff to be on sale a year from now..this is a corporation that Spiderman alone makes billions. I am pretty sure they think things out. look at how they allready have starting promoting the new WB cartoon series allready. they plan to make as much buzz as possible for the Captain America movie.