• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Con 2008

268 posts in this topic

I was secretly nursing the possibility of going but I just had a paper accepted to an academic conference the week afterwards, and another the weekend beforehand. If I went to NY, I wouldn't see my wife for nearly a month! :o So, unless something drastic happens, doesn't look good for Mac Man.

New guests just added ....... Van Sciver, Finch, McNiven, Simonson, Steranko, Reis..... :banana: .... but the 45 minute waits to get in just got longer ..... :sick:

These organizers are really trying to give San Diego some competition.

Cheers!

N

It would be nice to get away from the booth this year. NYCC is an intense show and this one is even bigger if you have seen a floor plan. It will also be much better distributed than last year.

The road trip to New York City for five days is pretty intense in itself.

Languar-

I'm sure you'd be able to find someone here who'd be more than willing to help out with your booth in exchange for a pass.

:gossip: See my post above . . . :wishluck:

In all seriousness, I would be glad to provide an exhibitor with 5-6 hours of assistance in exchange for a pass. Since the show is open for 9 hours on Saturday, this would leave me a couple hours to shop around myself, and then go to the dinner. I plan to be there on Saturday only, but with a pass I could be enticed to go on Fri. and/or Sun. as well, in order to be of service setting up or breaking down. I'm a responsible, skilled worker, etc. (Oh, I can also lift heavy things, always a plus lol )

true kev there are alot of shows grouped close together. any thoughts on wizard world phila this year as far as guests.

tony

:/

Hard to say at this point. I've heard some rumors, but the previous years have always had good if not great guests so I expect they'll have a couple of surprises as well as some of the regulars.

:banana: After posting my offer to help out earlier in this thread, an exhibitor/boardie PM'd me and took me up on it! Excited to be helping them, and very grateful that I won't need to deal with those lines all weekend :applause: (Thanks again, you know who you are).

So, I shall be at the show all day Saturday, and plan to attend the dinner, too. Looking forward to finally meeting a few of you dorks! lol

I can't wait for this super show but It turns out that I may have more exhibitor space than I need. I am in primo location booth 2113 between Harley Yee and Gary Dolgoff and am pretty sure that I would like to enjoy a great show and do not want to kill myself with three booths again this year.

Interested parties please pm. hm

I bought an all-weekend pass back in June 2007 for this event. I should have signed up for a dealer pass instead. If anyone has a dealer pass or can hook me up with one. I will gladly compensate them! Please send me a PM and let's work something out

-Issa

man, it looks like it will be the best con of 2008!
It looks like it will be a blast! :headbang:

Sorry you can't make it Chris :(

I know that sucks! But hopefully next year the attendance list is just as good!

Its been getting better every year (thumbs u