• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: X-MEN #1

18 posts in this topic

First blush was a 2.5....but it's a very nice looking 2.5..........especially the back.

I bet it could be restored easily to a 5.0 or maybe a 5.5 and with a bit more effort, a good restorer could really make that copy pop. Of course it'd be worth less than an unrestored 2.5.

I'd say 2.5, assuming that's a full-fledged rip in the upper right corner. Looks more like a 3.5/4.0, but that's a big flaw...

i think this just about hits the nail on the head. maybe a nice 4.0 without that tear in the URC, but................. :sorry:

First blush was a 2.5....but it's a very nice looking 2.5..........especially the back.

I bet it could be restored easily to a 5.0 or maybe a 5.5 and with a bit more effort, a good restorer could really make that copy pop. Of course it'd be worth less than an unrestored 2.5.

Yup- have to go with this. I think with the size of the tear... it's a little hard to go 3.0, but everything presents so nicely, it'd be hard to go any lower than 2.5.

Considering that AF 15 got a 4.0 in the other thread I'd be shocked if this one didn't pull in a 3.5 at least and maybe a 4.0 as well.

Get it slabbed! they seem to be ignoring Marvel chipping more and more.

I think #1s get graded on the curve and always are up for the half-point bump...I tend to agree with the others that this is probably technically a 2.5...but I could see this easily getting a CGC 3.0...and as has also been previously stated, a beautiful book for the grade/presents very well! NICE ONE!