• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Holiday Code

21 posts in this topic

OK, so some "special" eBay folks got communication of an eBay code that allows up to $100 off of purchases. I received it. I tried it on a transaction last week, and the code "took"...however I did not complete the transaction b/c I wasn't ready yet.

Now, today...I go to use it..."Code cannot be used with this PayPal account".

Anyone else experiencing this?

Dang, I wasn't one of the chosen ones. :sorry:

I did however finally get the 1-800 number to actually speak with a real eBay person. Come to think of it, I have no idea what I did with that number. doh!

I'd rather not be chosen at all than to actually RECEIVE the communication, try it out (it works)...only for it NOT to work a week later....and then waste 30 minuntes with PP and eBay (of course one points to the other) with no results!!!!

:mad:

I got one, it was only for $10, so I guess I was borderline special...I used it the Minute I got it, and it worked. I tried to pass it on to a friend and he couldn't use it...so, I suppose it DID just go to some people? I wonder why?

THat's odd... hm

Apparently, I received the notification and then they took it out from under me. Maybe some of the eBay renegades exploited a weakness and they "removed" the coupon.

Is the notification in your "My Messages" inbox on your My eBay page? If not, it could have been a scam.

I have a question. Why are you using eBay?

Cause I'm buying a few books...it took me 3 months to sell on eBay to sell what I did in a weekend here...trust me...it's the option of LAST RESORT. First time in YEARS I've actually employed its use.

I remember when I first joined the boards eBay was the shizzle. No more.

Apparently, I received the notification and then they took it out from under me. Maybe some of the eBay renegades exploited a weakness and they "removed" the coupon.

Is the notification in your "My Messages" inbox on your My eBay page? If not, it could have been a scam.

That's what I thought, but it was not a scam, and it was not in my messages, very strange... I think I buy too much, and Paypal sent it..;)

Here David... :foryou:

eBay sent this message to xxxxxxx

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.

Learn more.

Our thanks for shopping on eBay--make your holiday wins a little sweeter

$10 off* your next eBay purchase of $50 or more

How to redeem your eBay Holiday Savings Coupon:

1.Log in at www.ebay.com using your eBay User ID on the Coupon on the left.

2.Shop with sellers who accept PayPal. Just look for the PayPal logo.

3.Ensure the listing ends before the Coupon expiration date (December 18, 2007 11:59:59 PM, PST)

4.During checkout, select PayPal as your payment method. (Make sure the email address on your eBay User ID account is also on your PayPal account. More details.)

5.When prompted, enter your redemption code: CHOLIDAY0710D

Issued to: xxxxxxx

Redemption Code: CHOLIDAY0710D

I just cut and pasted it into Paypal, did not click on the link and I changed my name to XXXXXXX;)