• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should be labeled a "classic cover," but isn't by Overstreet or CGC?

219 posts in this topic

Scott, I believe you are confusing favorite and classic. hm

I think some people might agree with me on my picks Jim... hm

I am not disagreeing 100%. There are definitely some classics in there but TOS 63 and DD 43?

I am not disagreeing 100%. There are definitely some classics in there but TOS 63 and DD 43?

I think that the image of Cap on the TOS 63 is pure Silver Age Cap......a great image of him by Kirby..........along with the red border just shouts classic Silver Age Marvel to me.

DD 43 is one of the best covers of the entire DD 1-100 run. Once again a classic image of Cap and DD by Kirby. Not everyone may feel the same way about these two choices but to me they are the type of covers that set Marvel apart from everyone else in the 60's.

Scott

I think that the image of Cap on the TOS 63 is pure Silver Age Cap......a great image of him by Kirby..........along with the red border just shouts classic Silver Age Marvel to me.

DD 43 is one of the best covers of the entire DD 1-100 run. Once again a classic image of Cap and DD by Kirby. Not everyone may feel the same way about these two choices but to me they are the type of covers that set Marvel apart from everyone else in the 60's.

Scott

Don't take it personally. It isn't your fault you have bad taste. :baiting:

I will have you know that I contributed the GSX #1. Just about anything X-men wise from 49 to 65 would have to be considered classic. Maybe 4 as well.

I will give you the #4, and maybe #58.......must have missed your scan of the GSX 1. Guess I didn't see it since I don't consider it a classic. :baiting:

I will have you know that I contributed the GSX #1. Just about anything X-men wise from 49 to 65 would have to be considered classic. Maybe 4 as well.

I will give you the #4, and maybe #58.......must have missed your scan of the GSX 1. Guess I didn't see it since I don't consider it a classic. :baiting:

The day that Dolphin issue gets classic cover designation is the day I will eat one. :P

The day that Dolphin issue gets classic cover designation is the day I will eat one. :P

No Dolphin love huh? In that case, I hope it is never designated as a classic because I would hate for Greenpeace to picket/boycott you for eating Flipper. As long as you threaten to eat one and promise to not go anywhere near the blowhole you will be ok. There are laws about that too you know. lol

Scott

If there was such thing as a Copper Age classic cover, I would definately give it to X-Men 234.

#234 is a good cover, but for me Silvestri's #251 is by far his best work and ranks favourably alongside both Steranko's & Adam's X work

scan-2.jpg