• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no love for Showcase?

182 posts in this topic

Yeah. I can't agree that Ian didn't attack - he was so hyper-reactive to everything he would instigate things at the drop of a hat. His intent may not have been to attack, but he did. And not all cases were reactive - DTA thread as a case.

His sense of entitlement was what really got to me. He thought that his quest was of such nobility that people were obligated to sell things to him.

Rather than OCD, I'd guess he's probably borderline personality disorder to some degree given how he painted everyone black or white (those who helped him were elevated to deity, and those who didn't were evil).

That being said, he's not as big of a sociopath as JC or KK. I sorta liked bugaboo.

Ian was the second most annoying selfish person ever on these boards. He brought on nearly all the static that surrounded him here.

No he didn't. Yes, he was selfish and self-centered, but the guy was a walking billboard for OCD with the atrophied social skill development of a 10-year old who never grew up, so it's not surprising. And yes he was a drama queen. But he never was nasty to anyone (except Metro, I guess) and never attacked anyone except after being provoked.

I don't think he ever did anything to generate the disproportionate amount of hate that was directed at him. Compare him to truly nasty people who go out of their way to be mean and pick fights, like JC, KK, Bugs, etc. Those guys deserved whatever hatred was directed at them, but I don't think they generated nearly as much raw hatred as Ian did. And it's not like Ian went into every thread like the aforementioned scumbags, so it was easy to avoid him if you didn't care for him.

Well lets not forget how he carried on about what a scumbag DTA was for not selling that Adv #26 to him at a price that HE thought was reasonable. :screwy: Ian was as big a turd as I've ever seen on these boards.

Immature like a little kid, yes. But Ian doesn't even come close to being the biggest turd on the boards, in my opinion. Not even Top 5.

Anyways, there's no shortage of people in the world who would agree that DTA is a scumbag, although not necessarily for the same reasons as Ian.

Yeah. I can't agree that Ian didn't attack - he was so hyper-reactive to everything he would instigate things at the drop of a hat. His intent may not have been to attack, but he did. And not all cases were reactive - DTA thread as a case.

His sense of entitlement was what really got to me. He thought that his quest was of such nobility that people were obligated to sell things to him.

Rather than OCD, I'd guess he's probably borderline personality disorder to some degree given how he painted everyone black or white (those who helped him were elevated to deity, and those who didn't were evil).

That being said, he's not as big of a sociopath as JC or KK. I sorta liked bugaboo.

I think those are all good points. Sense of entitlement is definitely spot on, as is personality disorder (I wouldn't even say he was borderline lol). But the fact is that most normal, well-adjusted people don't try to acquire a complete DC collection, and probably none would succeed (unless maybe they just have an immense amount of money, which Ian did not).

I think those are all good points. Sense of entitlement is definitely spot on, as is personality disorder (I wouldn't even say he was borderline lol). But the fact is that most normal, well-adjusted people don't try to acquire a complete DC collection, and probably none would succeed (unless maybe they just have an immense amount of money, which Ian did not).

Well I'm trying. :sumo:

hm

:sorry:

Well I'm trying. :sumo:

hm

:sorry:

You're the definition of scattershot collecting. :gossip:

A couple of Showcases on their way to me.

I don't think I get to join any Club, but I'm glad to finally get an affordable 43 -- I had trouble tracking that one down. 51 is a double.

Showcase43.jpg

Showcase51.jpg

Getting closer to a full set aside from the impo$$ible ones.

Jack

Here is my Rip Hunter SHOWCASE collection -- tough to get in high grade!

SHOW_20.jpg

SHOWCASE_21.jpg

SHOWCASE_25.jpg

SHOW_26.jpg

Great copies, and yes, very difficult to find in good shape. I got an apparently nice looking 20 awhile back but it had a big ol' spine split and I had to return it. :frustrated:

Great copies, and yes, very difficult to find in good shape. I got an apparently nice looking 20 awhile back but it had a big ol' spine split and I had to return it. :frustrated:

Ouch. It took me YEARS to find a nice #20 -- wonderful art by the great Reuben Moreira!

Jim Payette fianlly came through and got me a nice #20!

Bill

ei8qcn.jpg

I bought the #13 and 14 the same day (same dealer), 2nd most $ I ever dropped on comics. I felt the crunch for a while after.

Two comics worth throwing money at. SC 14 is one of my all time favorite covers.

ei8qcn.jpg

I bought the #13 and 14 the same day (same dealer), 2nd most $ I ever dropped on comics. I felt the crunch for a while after.

Two comics worth throwing money at.

+1 agree with you on that point (thumbs u