• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of all forumites going to WW Chicago 2008

322 posts in this topic

Gentlemen (and I use the term exceptionally loosely... lol )

I will be reserving the Donald E. Stephens Room for the night of June 28 shortly. When I do this, I will start dunning you for your payment, as I will have to put a deposit down on the room. Please don't say you're coming and then bail. 16 people have said YES, so we shouldn't have any problem. I assume it will be in the $75-80 per head range for dinner. Note that this is what it costs to eat at a four star steak restaurant, and nobody's making any money on it.

Last year we had 53 people, I'd like to top 75 this year - and given that another 25 or so wandered in for drinks, dessert and conversation, that shouldn't be a problem.

The Chicago dinner is open to everybody. Agendas and egos are checked at the door and we have a good time. For those who didn't come last year, you missed the absolute highlight of the year. If you're going to Chicago for the convention, there is no reason - none - why you should skip it. Great food, great conversations, great comics, and just a feeling of community all around. Its gotten to the point where the convention, to me, is secondary to the dinner.

143ksk*

1koko*

aardvark88 + 1

arexcrooke*

CAP_FFreek *

DetroitMike*

Doc Watson*

greggy = loser, but with some sweet 100pgers

HOTFLIPS

jacks2start*

joeypost*

Moondog

Mutantkeys*

Nik*

r1970d +1 *

TimMaY*

Transplant*

thedude *

The Watcher*

detective27kid*

Cat and I will be there in 2008, missed 2007 only because I had eye surgery (Detached retina) TWO FRIKKIN' DAYS before the bloody convention opened! First time I've missed in 25 years or so...Some of you regulars might even recognize me, I'm the big ugly guy in a garish hawaiian shirt and brown fedora, fedora formerly sported a MMMS pin but it was stolen a few years back, now it proudly displays a DON'T PANIC pin instead. Drop by the bar at the Embassy Suites of an evening, I'm buying!

143ksk*

1koko*

aardvark88 + 1

arexcrooke*

CAP_FFreek *

DetroitMike*

Doc Watson*

HOTFLIPS

jacks2start*

joeypost*

Moondog

Mutantkeys*

Nik*

r1970d +1 *

TimMaY*

Transplant*

thedude *

The Watcher*

catrick339 and his sexy supermodel sidekick wife!

143ksk*

1koko*

aardvark88 + 1

arexcrooke*

CAP_FFreek *

detective27kid*

DetroitMike*

Doc Watson*

HOTFLIPS

jacks2start*

joeypost*

Moondog

Mutantkeys*

Nik*

r1970d +1 *

TimMaY*

Transplant*

thedude *

The Watcher*

143ksk*

1koko*

aardvark88 + 1

arexcrooke*

CAP_FFreek *

detective27kid*

DetroitMike*

Doc Watson*

HOTFLIPS

jacks2start*

joeypost*

Moondog

Mutantkeys*

Nik*

r1970d +1 *

TimMaY*

Transplant*

thedude *

The Watcher*

Blindowl*

143ksk*

1koko*

aardvark88 + 1

arexcrooke*

CAP_FFreek *

detective27kid*

DetroitMike*

Doc Watson*

HOTFLIPS

jacks2start*

joeypost*

Moondog

Mutantkeys*

Nik*

r1970d +1 *

TimMaY*

Transplant*

thedude *

The Watcher*

[font:Arial Black]Blindowl*[/font]

(thumbs u :applause:

Mrs. Jiveturkeymofo and myself will (tentatively) be attending both the Convention and Dinner.

Baring some major unforseen event (like buying and moving into a house at that time), we are planning on being in Chicago for several days before and during the Convention.

Does anyone know if the Cubs are playing at home that weekend? Would love to visit Wrigley field at least once in my life.

Mrs. Jiveturkeymofo and myself will (tentatively) be attending both the Convention and Dinner.

Baring some major unforseen event (like buying and moving into a house at that time), we are planning on being in Chicago for several days before and during the Convention.

Does anyone know if the Cubs are playing at home that weekend? Would love to visit Wrigley field at least once in my life.

Donut mentioned that they were going to play the Chisox that weekend so good luck getting tickets. :eek:

Donut mentioned that they were going to play the Chisox that weekend so good luck getting tickets. :eek:

Greggy's correct about the tickets. Strike two is that the games will be at US Cellular Cubs schedule

143ksk*

1koko*

aardvark88 + 1

arexcrooke*

Blindowl*

CAP_FFreek *

detective27kid*

DetroitMike*

Doc Watson*

HOTFLIPS

jacks2start*

Jiveturkeymofo and the Mrs. will (tentatively) be at both the Convention + Dinner.

joeypost*

Moondog

Mutantkeys*

Nik*

r1970d +1 *

TimMaY*

Transplant*

thedude *

The Watcher*

(worship)

Unfortunately, pics are mandatory before admittance.

:popcorn:

Well, if Cat is going, I'm going, but my husband will only show up if I find him baseball tickets...(or maybe I can ask Cat to talk him into it....the Rick half of CatRick is Secondary... but always nice to have around):p

(worship)

Unfortunately, pics are mandatory before admittance.

:popcorn:

Well, if Cat is going, I'm going, but my husband will only show up if I find him baseball tickets...(or maybe I can ask Cat to talk him into it....the Rick half of CatRick is Secondary... but always nice to have around):p

The Crosstown Classic always sells out, no matter what the teams' records are. In fact, it used to be that the few games the White Sox would sell out was when they played the Cubs at the Cell.