• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze-Age Spideys
15 15

2,088 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2024 at 9:31 PM, grendelbo said:

Spider-Gwen > Gwen Stacy. 

I think it's a great way to continue to explore her character but a recent mini from 2022 "Gwenverse" was :sick:. Then again, maybe just a bit of spiderverse overload...

On 10/13/2024 at 4:09 PM, universal soldier said:

If you can't tell by my avatar, this event in comics history is one of the most iconic moments ever IMHO. I don't know if one issue can be identified as the one that turned me into the comic junkie I am today but this is certainly in my top three. Although they've mucked around with clones, alt. universes, and the story from volume 6, #10 they've never truly tried to bring her back and I hope they never do. I've always been and always will be in "camp" Gwen when it comes to who was the better love interest for Peter. 

Where do you all sit on that topic?

It took me a long time to finally get a copy of this book but I believe I picked this up in the late 90's/early 2000's for $55. Can't show the label here but it's a Voldie 9.0 white pages.

asm_121_front.thumb.jpg.be40812d98f41cf2a7d78bbea11ab17a.jpg

When I first read the issue, I was firmly on Team Gwen. I've since warmed up to MJ.

Sharing a slightly OT story from Mike Royer- This is the last issue of ASM he purchased off the stands. He feels Conway missed an opportunity and should have had Gwen discover that Peter is Spider-Man, weakly voicing her horror moments before death. This certainly would have destroyed Peter's mind on an Uncle Ben-level, if not above.

I don't know if it would have made it a better story ultimately, but it's an interesting opinion.