• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why can't this book seem to find a home?

11 posts in this topic

I just can't get excited about FY #1(and this is coming from someone that owns #s 5-10, & 13). It's not a Schomburg cover, the damsel in distress doesn't appear all that distressed, and both the Fighting Yank and the guy that's tied up seem to be wearing lipstick. zzz

I just can't get excited about FY #1(and this is coming from someone that owns #s 5-10, & 13). It's not a Schomburg cover, the damsel in distress doesn't appear all that distressed, and both the Fighting Yank and the guy that's tied up seem to be wearing lipstick. zzz
And you have a problem with super-heros wearing lipstick? (shrug)

And you have a problem with super-heros wearing lipstick? (shrug)

Superheros in tights. (thumbs u

Superheros in glorified underwear (thumbs u

Superheros with lipstick (tsk)

Gotta draw the line. :sumo:

:jokealert:

If it was a Schomburg-c, I'd be all over it for a #1. :grin:

Fighting Yank #1

I have seen this in several auctions and just can't understand why it hasn't found a long term home. Not too common and it looks pretty clean.

Disclaimer: This is not my book and I don't know who owns it.

You and me both, buddy. (thumbs u

Fighting Yank #1

I have seen this in several auctions and just can't understand why it hasn't found a long term home. Not too common and it looks pretty clean.

Other than the lipstick thing, I have always kinda liked the cover of Fighting Yank #1.

Mostly because of the logo. But also because the artwork is a little stiff and primitive, lending perfectly to the revolutionary war based character.

Oh, and having this helps....

fightingyank1.jpg

Fighting Yank #1

Other than the lipstick thing, I have always kinda liked the cover of

Fighting Yank #1. Mostly because of the logo. But also because the artwork is a little stiff and primitive, lending perfectly to the revolutionary war based character.

Oh, and having this helps....

fightingyank1.jpg

I think FY1 is a great book (and that is a great copy)...the clink is a great copy too...

gator