• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Dudes, rally !

14 posts in this topic

I was hoping that some of the X-men collectors out there might lend some credence and support to my quest to get UXM #221 1st app Mr Sinisters' point total upgraded

Quote from CGC Registry 'these scores need fixing'

"Hello, I would like to have a ramble / moan regarding the score for Uncanny X-Men #221 CGC 9.8, 1st app Mr Sinister. Now I know he's a villian and not a team member but 60 points ?!

Every other major X-characters 1st app from the Copper / Modern age (apart from Forge's - I know he's on the cusp of major) is rewarded with an outstanding points total (9.8's)

Jubilee - 240 (less points than Jubilee - c'mon !)

Gambit - 360

Bishop - 100

Mr Sinister is a major character that is still affecting and influencing the X-Universe to this day and his 1st app points should reflect that, I believe.... pause.... breath.... thank you for listening and not drifting too much.

Powers that be, hear me :baiting: "

C'mon if we work together we can make this world a better place for villians hm

I remember debating the same thing to myself. I had a sweet SS 9.8 copy and only recieved 66 points. Mr. Sinister is kickazz character. 221's do demand a premium when slabbed, but for some reason raw copies are extremely cheap... Last time I checked FMV for 9.8s were around 100

I'm not a real slab collector so I can't do much for the argument on garnering more points towards the registry. That said, I definitely saw this as a key and had it on my list of books I needed to acquire for my BA/CA X-Men run. I mean... anyone remember that major crossover "Inferno"? That was all about Mr. Sinister!

I don't know where he went in terms of significance following the Copper Age, but regardless, he IS a major X-Villain for this era in my opinion.

The current crossover has Sinister as the main villian. Okay series so far.

I agree, in comparison to the others you have listed. Especially in terms of Jubilee. Always liked the character, but she has zero relevance anymore. Even cmpared to Bishop, it's ridiculous. Book is 60 issues newer, doesn't have a great Silvestri cover, and is frankly a lamer character.

Inferno was great. Loved the "evil" Silvestri drawn Wolverine, Storm, and Archangel. Why ever go back to the original Angel design?

Pat