• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Prizes Here For Nik's Grading Contest

46 posts in this topic

Posting a book that in not going to be offered to the winner of the contest is a bid disrespect for the people that are donating and the contestants. (tsk)

Agreed, not to mention the guy thats using his personal time to run the contest.

You are right. nik is the man. :headbang: I'm hoping it was just a little too much holliday cheer last night, and he will come back and delete his post. :wishluck:

lf-1.jpg

Doesn't that look better than a 4.5? hm

I was just about to say that too.. Looks like a FN copy! (worship)

From the Nicolas Cage collection no less!

Maybe that was the impetus for him to sell his collection...got tired of sending in 6.0 Action #1s to CGC and having them come back 4.5... (shrug)lol

We all know this is about bragging rights anyway, :sumo:but let's up the ante and put together a prize list for the top graders, perhaps the top 3 or top 5 place finishers. Top person will get first choice and so on...

I like the idea of having prizes go to the top 3 or 5 people. In the unlikely event that I won this thing, many of the items that have been generously donated just wouldn't suit my collection. If we spread it out a little and let people choose, it might make it more likely that prizes will get in the hands of people who can appreciate them.

Plus that would give me a better chance of getting a prize! lol

Here's my donation:

JLA41.jpg

Posting a book that in not going to be offered to the winner of the contest is a bid disrespect for the people that are donating and the contestants. (tsk)

Agreed, not to mention the guy thats using his personal time to run the contest.

You are right. nik is the man. :headbang: I'm hoping it was just a little too much holliday cheer last night, and he will come back and delete his post. :wishluck:

That's okay. When I win I'm going to his house to collect on his generous offering.

:sumo:

We all know this is about bragging rights anyway, :sumo:but let's up the ante and put together a prize list for the top graders, perhaps the top 3 or top 5 place finishers. Top person will get first choice and so on...

I like the idea of having prizes go to the top 3 or 5 people. In the unlikely event that I won this thing, many of the items that have been generously donated just wouldn't suit my collection. If we spread it out a little and let people choose, it might make it more likely that prizes will get in the hands of people who can appreciate them.

Plus that would give me a better chance of getting a prize! lol

Here's my donation:

JLA41.jpg

Very nice contribution and I second your recommendation...I believe Nik had said he would have at least a few Prize-Winners...

Nik...that wouldn't be a bad idea post all the prizes or prize-lots and #1 picks, then #2, etc. Of course, it's your contest...your call

That's okay. When I win I'm going to his house to collect on his generous offering.

Dorm room. :gossip:

lol I like to think of it as a Bar

lol I like to think of it as a ' hole

:whistle:

Not that I have a horse in this race anymore, but since there is a pretty nice number of prizes already... how about doing prizes for the Top 3 Grader AND then the top individual for each category (i.e. most bullseyes, most consistent, greatest overall improvement, etc)?

Not that I have a horse in this race anymore, but since there is a pretty nice number of prizes already... how about doing prizes for the Top 3 Grader AND then the top individual for each category (i.e. most bullseyes, most consistent, greatest overall improvement, etc)?

Well the winner will probably have the most bullseyes and/or also be the most consistant.

:baiting:

Ok.

I was going to donate some sort of Antique to the prize fund...but cant really find anything with the remotest link to Comics.

Then I thought about EC memorabilia...but then I thought that not everybody is into that either.

I had a rummage around and found some stuff in storage, bought for potential collector value about 3 years ago in 2005.

I believe I am correct in saying that the following items have only ever appeared in the UK.

They are THE CLASSIC MARVEL FIGURINE COLLECTION...

issues 3, 4 and 5.

Each package is straight off the stand and still sealed and unopened.

Each package contains a magazine in MINT condition, and a box, inside of which is a 'Cast in Lead' Hand Painted Figure.

These are approx 4 inches high, very nice and quite heavy.

The issues & figures concern....

# 3 Doc Ock

#4 Thing

#5 Magneto

Each issue cost approx $12.00

I estimate shipping due to the weight to be about $30.00 at least.

Therefore total value of prize not taking into account what they be worth collector wise is approx. $66.00

Hope this is ok.

Tom

000_0034.jpg