• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007/08 Annual Grading Contest : ROUND 1

236 posts in this topic

I would not call it penalized, just how the scoring is set up for this contest.

I cannot control players who do not submit grades, in the past if they missed 3 rounds they were DQ.

Is the DQ rule in for this one?

It does seem unfair that a missed guess is "better" than a way-off guess.... hm

No its not.

Ah, well... something to remember for the next one... :foryou:

My day late and a dollar short 2c

If a person misses a round, and is not able to send in a grade for whatever the reason. The 3 strikes and you're out rule seems to take care of people dropping out, or not submitting grades just fine. No punishment, just a 0

But if a person sends in a grade that is soo far off the mark, then it gets punished for being a terrible under/over grade... cause this is after all a grading contest!

Ze-

Can someone please post these scans someplace other then photobucket? Photobucket is blocked where I (and many others) work.

Or someone could e-mail them to me at brrempel@gmail.com and I can post them on my ftp.

Thanks.

Email sent

Good try, but emailing links to photobucket pics is the same as posting them on the board, I still can't access them from work.

If you attach the scans (not the links) to an e-mail then I can view them.

I would also understand if you don't feel like $*&%ing with it and tell me to go fist myself.

:foryou:

I would not call it penalized, just how the scoring is set up for this contest.

I cannot control players who do not submit grades, in the past if they missed 3 rounds they were DQ.

Is the DQ rule in for this one?

It does seem unfair that a missed guess is "better" than a way-off guess.... hm

No its not.

Ah, well... something to remember for the next one... :foryou:

My day late and a dollar short 2c

If a person misses a round, and is not able to send in a grade for whatever the reason. The 3 strikes and you're out rule seems to take care of people dropping out, or not submitting grades just fine. No punishment, just a 0

But if a person sends in a grade that is soo far off the mark, then it gets punished for being a terrible under/over grade... cause this is after all a grading contest!

Ze-

I love it when people complain about the rules of someone's else's contest, especially when the entry is free (and there are even prizes to boot!)...I've been running a College Football Bowl Games Pool for 23 years and you know what I tell people when they ask why such and such rule is what it is... :censored:

Ya know, there's an ages-old axiom that if you don't like the rules you start your own contest... (:jokealert:) (thought I'd post the joke alert before the mess starting raining down on me...)