• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007/08 Annual Grading Contest : ROUND 1

236 posts in this topic

Wild! I'm a bottom feeder for the most part, I thought I was being a bit generous at 9.4, guess I'll have to start playing CGC roulette with stuff I thought didn't make the cut!

Wow. I thought for sure no way that got a 9.6 even with the Nik bump.

I gave it a 9.4 because the book had corner defects galore, miswrap, edge ding. Wow.

I can't believe that book got a 9.6

R.

:blahblah:

Yeah, you're right. If I were a few beers into it I'd have missed the edge ding and guessed a 9.6 too.

:P

R.

I gave it a 9.4 because the book had corner defects galore, miswrap, edge ding. Wow.

R.

Yeah, you're right. If I were a few beers into it I'd have missed the edge ding and guessed a 9.6 too.

R.

I PM'd Nik about the top edge & the URC of the BC. Had you inquired....you may have nailed the grade as well :whistle:

Gift my arse,

the top edge is production related, there is a small bindary corner on the blc which is factory and the corners are sharp.

The wrap is off, but CGC doesnt deduct for that.

:foryou:

What about that top right back corner? That in itself should have downgraded the issue...

Jim

R.

R.

I PM'd Nik about the top edge & the URC of the BC. Had you inquired....you may have nailed the grade as well :whistle:

I did. Gotta go with greggmeister on this one. That was a gift 9.6

R.

Hey, wait a minute! We can ask questions? You mean we don't just have to look at the scans and guess? Why...why, that's brilliant! (Salaams in general direction of The Beyonder)

Gift my arse,

the top edge is production related, there is a small bindary corner on the blc which is factory and the corners are sharp.

What about that top right back corner? That in itself should have downgraded the issue...

Jim

The top and bottoms of the spine are not sharp...they're non existant.

Gift my arse,

Jim

Agreed! I would be very disappointed if I purchased a CGC 9.6 and it ended up looking like this.

Mike

Gift my arse,

Jim

Factory (shrug)

Gift my arse,

Jim

Factory (shrug)

I don't know. I had a 100% perfect Defenders #10. just a very slight miswrap. the book was missing only 1 corner on the bc and it was a production flaw and it got a 9.6. The rest of the book was flawless. I thought 9.8 walk in the park. This book has multiple production defects, and an edge ding and a miswrap and a black streak on the back cover and who knows what else. And it is also a 9.6? I'm just a little surprised is all.

R>