• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007/08 Annual Grading Contest : ROUND 1

236 posts in this topic

I would not call it penalized, just how the scoring is set up for this contest.

I cannot control players who do not submit grades, in the past if they missed 3 rounds they were DQ.

The whole point of this contest is to submit grades and get points and have the most points after 20 rounds.

Some might have a valid reason for not submitting a grade, ie they are away or traveling or what have you.

Every non-PMed grade should count as a 0.5 guess and be scored as such. :P

Uh, one of the rules of running a contest is not to change the rules once the contest has started . . . :baiting:

I cannot control players who do not submit grades, in the past if they missed 3 rounds they were DQ.

The whole point of this contest is to submit grades and get points and have the most points after 20 rounds.

Some might have a valid reason for not submitting a grade, ie they are away or traveling or what have you.

Uh, one of the rules of running a contest is not to change the rules once the contest has started . . . :baiting:

I'm just feeling sorry for Beyonder who will end up with a lower score than those who never send in a grade.

:sorry:

But if you don't change the rules, then you don't get to hear JC whining about the changes by the grading elite. Oh wait, he's still not here so I guess there is no point to making any changes now. :kidaround:

Less then 12 hours to go ;)

I seem to recall a few folks (Arex, Shad, etc., ?) who said they might miss the first round. but since the first round closes at midnight tonight, they may find the time to send in a guess anyway................ :acclaim::kidaround: (thumbs u

Just an answer on my part.

Don't know what schoolmarm is :shy:

1 : a woman who is a schoolteacher especially in a rural or small-town school

2 : a person who exhibits characteristics attributed to schoolteachers (as strict adherence to arbitrary rules)

3 : a woman teacher, especially one who is regarded as strict or old-fashioned.

Yeah, but is that definition really applicable in the comic book world? What is the definition of schoolmarm as it relates to the comic book hobby and does Nik's reply really fall under that definition. Poll to come later.

:jokealert:

But if you don't change the rules, then you don't get to hear JC whining about the changes by the grading elite. Oh wait, he's still not here so I guess there is no point to making any changes now. :kidaround:

Actually, JC can rejoin in 12 days, if he has a mind to..................

Of course, then we might hear him telling us how he would have likely won if he'd not missed the first 4 rounds or so. :kidaround:

Is the DQ rule in for this one?

It does seem unfair that a missed guess is "better" than a way-off guess.... hm

Actually, JC can rejoin in 12 days, if he has a mind to..................

Of course, then we might hear him telling us how he would have likely won if he'd not missed the first 4 rounds or so. :kidaround:

Of course, he might have a better score than those who have played all 4 rounds... :baiting:

No its not.

No its not.

Ah, well... something to remember for the next one... :foryou: