• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PEDIGREES

16 posts in this topic

CGC recognizes the following pedigree collections on the CGC label:

* Allentown

* Aurora

* Bethlehem

* Big Apple

* Boston

* Bowling Green

* Carson City

* Central Valley

* Chicago

* Cosmic Aeroplane

* Crowley

* Curator

* Davis Crippen “D” Copy

* Denver

* Don Rosa Collection

* Don/Maggie Thompson Collection

* Edgar Church (Mile High)

* Gaines File Copy

* Green River

* Hawkeye

* Kansas City

* Larson

* Lost Valley

* Mass. Copy

* Mohawk Valley

* Northford

* Northland

* Nova Scotia

* Oakland

* Ohio

* Okajima

* Pacific Coast

* Palo Alto

* Pennsylvania

* Recil Macon

* River City

* Rockford

* Salida

* San Francisco

* Spokane

* Twilight

* Vancouver

* Western Penn

* White Mountain

* Windy City

* Winnipeg

Only collections which are noted for their quality and their quantity of titles can qualify for Pedigree status. Some collections which fail to qualify as pedigrees are noted on the CGC label such as Don Rosa but this is uncommon.

Most "collections" are not noted on the CGC label but are marketed by dealers based on quality or the original ownership and certificates of authenticity produced by the dealer are commonly used to identify these books.

I am unfamiliar with the Reynolds collection. The seller should be able to provide you with some kind of provenance if they are marketing a book as part of a specific "collection."

Anyone know of this "Reynolds Collection"?

Pretty much anything you buy from reynoldjay on eBay comes with a piece of paper saying it's from that collection. It's all marketing like Doc said.

He used to include certificates that they were from the Legends 2007 (or 2006 or whatever) Collection and you were the first owner of the book.

Anyone know of this "Reynolds Collection"?

Pretty much anything you buy from reynoldjay on eBay comes with a piece of paper saying it's from that collection. It's all marketing like Doc said.

He used to include certificates that they were from the Legends 2007 (or 2006 or whatever) Collection and you were the first owner of the book.

Yeah, he still does this.

I just wonder how many people actually follow his instructions and do the transfer of ownership on the certs when they sell them, as I'm betting many of these just end up getting tossed afterwards.

Anyone have any information on Western Penn. pedigrees. I recently purchased a Giant Size X-Men #1 western penn and have found little to no info regarding this pedigree.

Scan10066.jpg

Stolen from another site:

The Western Penn collection was a single owner/original owner collection that was purchased over a ten year period, from the late 70's through the end of the 80's. The collection contained approximately 30,000 mostly from 1940-1989 (Yes, the seller was still buying nm/m copies off the stands as he was selling off the collection!). The Western Penn comics were unread and saved in like-new condition. They are beautiful books.

Anyone have any information on Western Penn. pedigrees. I recently purchased a Giant Size X-Men #1 western penn and have found little to no info regarding this pedigree.

Do a search of "Western Penn" in posts by Linmoth. He was one of the first dealers to get access to the collection from the guy who uncovered it, and knows about as much as anyone about the collection.