• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question on pricing

21 posts in this topic

Hi all- this is my first OA post, so forgive my newbie question.

I was looking on eBay at a run of the mill, non splash, non action bronze marvel page. The artist is a nobody, the issue is non-key and the character is second tier.

What is the going rate for this kind of page? It's been sitting for a few days with a BIN just under $100...

The only reason I wanted it was because it was from my favorite comic growing up.

$100 may be higher than market value, but if it's a piece from your favorite childhood book, then you definitely won't be overpaying. (thumbs u

And even if it is slightly overpriced and you want to sell it in the future, you won't be out a whole lot of money and will have owned a very special page. Definitely go for it!

-Bob

I was looking on eBay at a run of the mill, non splash, non action bronze marvel page. The artist is a nobody, the issue is non-key and the character is second tier.

Sounds like a piece of krap. :foryou:

I have seen people pay a lot more than that for krap so I think he's got a good deal!

Sounds like you'll only be overpaying by $100 if you buy it. No big deal. (thumbs u

I was just busting on Matt given his tough-love description of the page. Based on his mention of the nostalgia involved, I think he should go for it as well.

It may be more a question of him deciding whether to take the plunge into the OA pool. (But hey, what's one more expensive hobby?) :banana:

I won't be saying anything not already said, but we all have a comfort zone, for me, if I really like the comic, I will pay $150 for a decent panel page. That's my comfort zone. I don't care if t he page is only "worth" $20, I'll pay up to my comfort zone if I really like it.

So BUY IT!

Now, not to confurse things, if I know I can get the same (well from the same book) page for $20 if I just be patient or wait till the guy cracks and starts it at 99 cents with no reserve, I might wait.

HOWEVER, I already think I have too much art so I can wait. If its from my most favorite book, I would BUY IT ASAP!

Malvin

Thanks Steve, Malvin. Now this trick will be to just stop at one...

I think we all said that at one point.

Followed closely by "I'd never spend more than $500 on a single piece."

Followed by "A thousand dollars for a piece of paper? Surely you must be joking."

And finally "Honey, I think we need a second mortgage on the house ... "

Thanks Steve, Malvin. Now this trick will be to just stop at one...

I think we all said that at one point.

Followed closely by "I'd never spend more than $500 on a single piece."

Followed by "A thousand dollars for a piece of paper? Surely you must be joking."

And finally "Honey, I think we need a second mortgage on the house ... "

The Max amount I am willing (and have) spent on art has definitely increased with time. But my "comfort" level or no-brainer to buy level has barely budged, it might have increased slightly to reflect my increased income, but that comfort level has not really changed for me (while art prices in general are nuts the last few years!)

Malvin