• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the single rarest comic book?

123 posts in this topic

some of the mentionables........

I wasn't aware of the Blue Ribbon 10 being rare. Jon, in your experience which Funny Pages with Arrow covers were hardest for you?

Despite 4.1 being listed as "rare" by Overstreet, I've found it to be one of the most available - along with 35 and 3.7.

I wasn't aware of the Blue Ribbon 10 being rare. Jon, in your experience which Funny Pages with Arrow covers were hardest for you?

Despite 4.1 being listed as "rare" by Overstreet, I've found it to be one of the most available - along with 35 and 3.7.

On the blue ribbon 10, i was just kidding following up an exchange about 20 messages ago.....

Again, i have had these runs for so long i forget which was the toughest. Except for occasional upgrades i have had the set since the early 90s.

jon

i also find the non-existing church fox books to be tough also, like Fantastic 17....

On the blue ribbon 10, i was just kidding following up an exchange about 20 messages ago.....

(tsk) there's no place for humor on this board.

The Harvey Flash Gordon #5 has to be a contender. It was a small B&W issue sent only to subscribers. I have never ever seen a scan or image of this book (it is not listed in Gerber), much less a copy for sale. For a time I thought it might not exist, but Bob B. mentioned in a post that he remembered seeing one at a con years ago. Amazingly the original cover art exists. If anyone has ever seen one of these I would love to hear about it.

FlashGordonHarvey05OA.jpg

I know it isn't a "for sale" book, but Supergear 1 has to be on that list somewhere. I've got one, and Al Stoltz has one. Those are the only two anybody's ever seen.

I'd go with the Amazing Man 26 as the rarest. I've personally seen 4 Wow 2s. Al Stoltz had all of them over the past couple of years, surprisingly.

Got scans of any of those rarities? I'm curious to see how they look if in fact scans are available..

Only the TA Diary Secrets are still in my collection. All the others are (sadly) elsewhere.

And I should point out that I had my numbers switched for Funny Pages 40 & 41. The 40 is rarer.

Thanks for the visualizations (thumbs u

There are at least two.....

Yeah so one of you gents ought to just kick that useless totally un-rare copy down to a collector that needs one for his noble goal! I'll happily take it off your hands for $1.50. :kidaround:

Other super rarities: Funny Pages 41 (I've seen only 2 or 3 ever)

I found the Larson copy of this 2-3 years ago unmarked as such at a show in Florida and sold it to JB not long after (as well as I think supplying him with the Wow #2 he pictured).

Then I also see my old copy of Green Giant #1 posted on the boards and I get all nostalgic.

greengiant.jpg

There are at least two.....

I think Metro has two copies (at least they did last time I looked).

I remember John of Tropic Comics have multiple copies of this book back in the early 90's ...

gator