• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I answered the door today and...

19 posts in this topic

the postal carrier has a package for me from Arizona. I open up the package and see that it's from Kevin, wicked1. I already got my Secret Santa gifts from jimm94 and I about passed out when I saw what Kevin sent me. I received 2 New England Comics Newsletters, #14 and #15. Kevin and I were talking about The Tick one day and I mentioned how I would like to get the first appearances. Then he sends me these Newletters out of the blue. They have the first and second appearances of The Tick. What a great day! I get my Secret Santa gifts and then these surprises. Kevin I just wanted to say thank you so much for this great surprise and for being so nice. They will truly be cherished!

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

I flipped out when wicked1 posted those a couple of weeks ago. I remember having those for a while because I did so much mail order before I could drive. I distinctly remember almost not pitching those because of the Tick stuff. What a wonderful gesture!

Kevin,

I know you have more. PM me when you want to make some $$$. :devil:

--S

Thanks for outing me James. doh! It truly does make me happy to do something like that. I didn't know about the secret santa thing that was going on here, as I had been far too busy to even read the forums the past few weeks. I would have liked to have participated in that as well. Maybe next year.

And to those others I have talked to about these particular issues, I just need to locate the rest. I only have one other copy of the first newsletter right now which I obviously want to keep for myself, but as stated in the past when I find some more I will be sending PMs. Merry Christmas everyone.