• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo's worse Photoshop Ebay auction yet.

374 posts in this topic

I'm sure someone else has asked this, but how do you know he manipulates the images?

The pic on the right is from the auction. The pic on the left is what was received.

6ugrdzs.jpg

Look at the indented staple on the left, received comic, and the straight spine

as it was depicted on Robojo's auction. He also manipulates the colors, and fills,

and smoothes out the edges of comic books.

Not to mention enhances the colors, straightens the edges, etc.

Not to mention he's comic-keys.

Not to mention that the M.O. is to sell the books and refund whoever complains and profit off the ones who don't.

I'm sure someone else has asked this, but how do you know he manipulates the images?

The pic on the right is from the auction. The pic on the left is what was received.

6ugrdzs.jpg

was bad feedback left (shrug)

A - I believe this was bought from comic-keys, who had private feedback and

B - Judging by the general meek nature of comic book buyers who have been totally reamed and yet are scared to death of receiving a retaliatory "buyer's neg," feedback on eBay is worthless.

6ugrdzs.jpg

B - Judging by the general meek nature of comic book buyers who have been totally reamed and yet are scared to death of receiving a retaliatory "buyer's neg," feedback on eBay is worthless.

CharletonGuy, who posts here on the Boards, bought this FF book from RoboJo. Both full pics of the book advertised and the book received are earlier in this thread.

6ugrdzs.jpg

well i guess stranger things have happened then 500+ buyers and all afraid to leave a neg

6ugrdzs.jpg

CharletonGuy, who posts here on the Boards, bought this FF book from RoboJo. Both full pics of the book advertised and the book received are earlier in this thread.

I stand corrected.

6ugrdzs.jpg

well i guess stranger things have happened then 500+ buyers and all afraid to leave a neg

There are probably plenty of people that were actually happy with the transaction so you can't really say 500 people should have left a neg, or were afraid to. Be it through ignorance as to what it was they were buying, the book actually being as advertised, or a little of both.

How many of us are just "used" to seeing books look better in auction pics than in hand, whether through manipulation or not. Many people, including me, simply assume that the books they get will be a full grade lower than stated or than they appear in smallish pictures. The difference here is that the seller is manipulating key portions of the images on usually valuable books.

How many of us are just "used" to seeing books look better in auction pics than in hand, whether through manipulation or not. Many people, including me, simply assume that the books they get will be a full grade lower than stated or than they appear in smallish pictures. The difference here is that the seller is manipulating key portions of the images on usually valuable books.

Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to justify his auctions. Just that you cant look at his feedback and assume 500 people were afraid to leave a neg feedback. Oldguy has summed this up many many times. All part of this guys m.o., make lots of folks happy on Ebay, then sell them stuff "off" ebay.

He could at least have the decency not make his manipulations so obvious.

I mean..how rude!, take the time and do it right.

:jokealert:

No worries, although If you want me to, I could take offense to what you said and we could argue over nothing for awhile. It has been kinda slow around here.

:baiting:

yeah i guess if he is starting with decent books to begin with, decent meaning in good shape, when the buyer receives the book they are happy with them.

(shrug)

No worries, although If you want me to, I could take offense to what you said and we could argue over nothing for awhile. It has been kinda slow around here.

Maybe we could schedule a flame war for this weekend? I haven't had one for a while.

Maybe we could schedule a flame war for this weekend? I haven't had one for a while.

I will check with my people and they will get with your people to see if we can agree on a time.

Till then.

:hi:

I will check with my people and they will get with your people to see if we can agree on a time.

Till then.

:hi:

Or we could invade the coinees' boards. hm

That could be fun....

6ugrdzs.jpg

Then do business with him. If you need approval from people here you won't get it, but personally I couldn't give a 5hit who does business with him at this point. Comic collectors would push their own mother in front of a bus if it meant getting a good deal on a comic, so go ahead and push! (thumbs u