• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo's worse Photoshop Ebay auction yet.

374 posts in this topic

There is also one buyer who had their $2,000+ FF #4 graded by CGC shortly after purchase at a 6.5 (vs. the Robojo stated grade of VF/NM), then did a return.

The book was de-slabbed and relisted by Robojo at the same stated grade of VF/NM. The second time around it sold for almost $5,000:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180166537784

The first buyer of the book never gave me authorization to divulge his Feebay ID, so I won't. But perhaps he will chime in.

I've read a 260 page thread about CGCed comics that have been graded one thing, been regraded, and jumped up in grade by a much as 5 full grades.

Did my buyer provide you with our emails on the FF 4 while you were deposing him? If he didn't, I can. I'll find them if you wish although I can't imagine your not already having them. You're been thorough in your investigation,and I can appreciate your thoroughness.

In them, both he and I felt that CGC had given that comic a major beating with thegrade assigned. I was not alone in my feeling. CGC is the best and I don't doubt their expertise at all, but this beautiful comic definitely deserved better.

The spine was alll but flawless. The right edge had one chip and one attached sliver of a chip that didn't detach. That was te sum of the defects on this comic.

Now I've seen CGC silve age comics with a chip or attached chip, but were almost flawless aside from that, graded anywhere from 6.0 to 9.2. Comics that looked identically near mint aside for a chip or two.

My buyer had stated that although I was under no obligation to take it back (he did approve of it within the approval period and is an aggressive, knowledgeable buyer of this typen of comics), because CGC only graded it 6.5, would I take it back.

I agreed to, and told him that I was going to pull it out of that slab because that is not a FN+ comic.

Cracking and resubmitting, or cracking and reselling is not illegal or unethical in this hobby to my knowledge. It happens to hundreds of other comics daily and the practice is either condoned if the forum likes the seller, or condemned if they don't.

What percentage of your buyers don't leave feedback??

For example, CG.

You should ask CG how many didn't. Having thoroughly researched and investigated all of my listings and all of my bidders, I'm sure that he's better prepared to give an exact answer.

I didn't keep track of buyers who didn't leave feedbackk and didn't even notice that any were missing for any of the listings. I'm sure that CG would know the answer.

I don't know.

I haven't been as fastidious as all that in keeping up with your auctions, though I have saved a fair number of scans from your auctions and I do tune in weekly to see what you are offering up..

I have only contacted two of your buyers. I did so in both cases because you had relisted the book. Both buyers said that the book had been overgraded. One had verification of this overgrading by CGC. This example is noted in my previous post. This is not to say that these are the only two cases where you have relisted a book.

Again, I have been keeping an eye on your auctions, saving a lot of scans, but I am hardly an expert on your buyers or your Feebay feedback.

"There's not a shred of proof that I'm not who I say I am"

How about you take a picture of yourself holding the Amazing Spiderman 9 app NM (shrug)

This would put all of this straight right quick (thumbs u AS9ct_122207.jpg

Robojo I am also wondering why you opened up an eBay account @ the same time comic-keys closed his? (shrug)

CC

That's simply not true:

Robojo33 (495)

Member since Sept-03-03

I just looked. Comickeyys account isn't closed.

If he stopped selling on eBay in Oct of last year, I had already been registered for over 3 years before that time.

Why do you make things so easy ? Dont you know people know at this point that this Robojo ID was just a shill for your prior auctions done as ComicKeys ? Oh yeah Private Feedback doesnt hide anything I guess.

You've successfully avoided all the serious questions and come on with answers which are meaningless. Me ? Im just waiting for one of the patented " Hammer Implosions ".

Robojo I am also wondering why you opened up an eBay account @ the same time comic-keys closed his? (shrug)

CC

That's simply not true:

Robojo33 (495)

Member since Sept-03-03

If he stopped selling on eBay in Oct of last year, I had already been registered for over 3 years before that time.

I forgot to mention that Comic-keys maintains an eBay store (but there's nothing lited on it.).

Did my buyer provide you with our emails on the FF 4 while you were deposing him? If he didn't, I can. I'll find them if you wish although I can't imagine your not already having them. You're been thorough in your investigation,and I can appreciate your thoroughness.

He did not (provide me with the emails), but he did provide me with pretty much the same information you have just outlined.

I agree, it has been know to happen (CGC undergrading and a subsequent re-submittal bump).

And I am not all that thorough an investigator. Like I said, this was just one of two of your buyers that I contacted.

CC

That's simply not true:

Robojo33 (495)

Member since Sept-03-03

I believe he means "closed" in the sense of "abandoned an active account with private feedback," not "eliminated account."

*Edit: Looking up the actual facts of the situation, this paragraph is incorrect. First fb for robojo as a seller is April of 2007. Auctions were required to have public feedback in late October, 2006. I apologise for the error, and am leaving it up as penance.*

I also believe the record shows that the comic-keys account stopped the day eBay required feedback to be visible, and that your account started being active on a daily basis almost immediately afterwards. My, that is fishy, given all the other circumstantial evidence...

Carolina Comics' question is still valid, and it's my personal belief that you're unable to come up with an excuse that can pass muster. I sure as heck can't think of any. You basically sell the same material that comic-keys used to sell, with a very similar nomenclature. My word, that is a remarkable - I say remarkable - coincedence

He did not (provide me with the emails), but he did provide me with pretty much the same information you have just outlined.

I agree, it has been know to happen (CGC undergrading and a subsequent re-submittal bump).

And I am not all that thorough an investigator. Like I said, this was just one of two of your buyers that I contacted.

CG, I didn't mean that in a derrogatory way. I respect you and you have an open mind. You don't state absolutes like "all of your comics are trimmed", without invesigating te evidence and preconceived notions don't sully your findings based on facts because you honestly seek the truth. That's a wonderful quality to have.

You got in trouble on this forum because of that. So did Cal.

After everyone made it a point to insist that Cal not bid on any more of my auctions, has he been back to post? Were his results with my comics that bad. A half a grade off, which on another day could be a half a grade above what I graded them? Was it that necessary to rail on hm and make him feel stupid for buing acurately graded problem-free comics?

Why do you make things so easy ? Dont you know people know at this point that this Robojo ID was just a shill for your prior auctions done as ComicKeys ? Oh yeah Private Feedback doesnt hide anything I guess.

You've successfully avoided all the serious questions and come on with answers which are meaningless. Me ? Im just waiting for one of the patented " Hammer Implosions ".

Once again, an accusation that jst isn't true. I'm not a shill for anyone. I started to buy on eBay in Sept 03 and in March of 07 I started to sell out of necessity.

My spending had reached critical mass. I spent 10 times what I ad intended to over the last 10 years and I have other collctible interests.

Tosay I sell the same comcs as Comickeys is crazy. There isn't just one or two, or ten, or a hundred of each of these s.a. marvels.There's many of them. And they pass around. Being resold nd resold again all te time.

Also, my litings don't contain such prosaic words nd desriptions as Richrds. I don't describe paper and staples and color. I just grade th comic and state the page color.

These are general terms common to every seller's listings. I can show you lsitings that contain richard-like dialog still today on ebay with descriptions like his were. Mine are vey straightforward.

CG, I didn't mean that in a derrogatory way. I respect you and you have an open mind. You don't state absolutes like "all of your comics are trimmed", without invesigating te evidence and preconceived notions don't sully your findings based on facts because you honestly seek the truth. That's a wonderful quality to have.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I do seek the truth. About just about every aspect of life.

The upcoming Birthday Boy said, "And you shall know the truth,

and the truth will set you free."

I think that can be applied to a lot of things in life.

Once again, an accusation that jst isn't true. I'm not a shill for anyone. I started to buy on eBay in Sept 03 and in March of 07 I started to sell out of necessity.

My spending had reached critical mass. I spent 10 times what I ad intended to over the last 10 years and I have other collctible interests.

Tosay I sell the same comcs as Comickeys is crazy. There isn't just one or two, or ten, or a hundred of each of these s.a. marvels.There's many of them. And they pass around. Being resold nd resold again all te time.

Also, my litings don't contain such prosaic words nd desriptions as Richrds. I don't describe paper and staples and color. I just grade th comic and state the page color.

These are general terms common to every seller's listings. I can show you lsitings that contain richard-like dialog still today on ebay with descriptions like his were. Mine are vey straightforward.

I'll be back. Have to take a break.I can't stay at the computer too long when I'm tired. I get headaches from too much PC time when my eyes are already tearing.

i'LL get to your questions. Please be patient. Theres 50 of you and one of me.

I got back to this today and how this thread has expanded with helpful info from

people here.

From what I see in people's e-mails, and Robo's e-mails I am convinced that he

is baiting people here, and that convinces me that he is Danny Dupack.

I am very experienced with scanning and stand by my posting, that the D.D.

image was digitally manipulated.

I am glad I got a chance to read this; as this thread has convinced me to

NOT buy from this person, and to inform others to do the same.

I have to say, the proliferation of typos is a nice touch. Very clever lol

yeah. very time consuming to go back and delete so many letters to make a natural posting style look new and different. But the "fifty of you and one of me" is a Danny forum classic remarl.

He had me with his classic " I, The Accused" username. If that isnt 100% Danny tell me what is.

"There's not a shred of proof that I'm not who I say I am"

How about you take a picture of yourself holding the Amazing Spiderman 9 app NM (shrug)

This would put all of this straight right quick (thumbs u AS9ct_122207.jpg

This is a comic that I bought on eBay, years ago. The color touch wasn't disclosed. The seller wan't Richard or had anythign to do with Comic keys or from NY state.

As it turned out. It had color touch. The seller compensated me for it. I kept it in my collection until now.

I've boiught from many sellers, some of whoi should bewell known on eBay, and received comics with non-disclosed restoration. Some owned up to it and took it back. Some ignored me. Some flat out refused and told me "tough luck".

My guarantee, honored without an ecception makesthat kind of treatment for a buyer an impossibility.

My guarantee makes my buyer completely whole for his expenses if one of my comics fails the CGC blue label test.

Does anyone have an interest in discussing the sellers who told me to go fly a kite after selling me a non-disclosed restored comic?

I'm not going to do that. I don't have any interest in shifting the blame for something, if there's something to blame on me at all. Which there isn't.

I was just interested to know if you are all aware that there are sellers who do that, me not bein one of them.

I have to say, the proliferation of typos is a nice touch. Very clever lol

I don't feel very clever when I reread it after posting it. They're not deliberate. Computer screens bother my eyes. They always have. The closer I look, the more my eyes irritate. I have the screen darkened and it still doesn't help much.

When I do my listings or type a memo, I'm careful to go back and correct my mistypes. Here I assume you know what I mean and it's not necessary and on I go to the next post.

yeah. very time consuming to go back and delete so many letters to make a natural posting style look new and different. But the "fifty of you and one of me" is a Danny forum classic remarl.

All of the words are probably on the 1000 most used words in the English language list. IMO, we've all said them many times on a daily basis.

You just said that remark yourself. In saying that, That hardly makes you Danny,does it?

I'm not deleting letters. I'm not correcting typos.