• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you buy more than 1 copy of a certain issue/s of modern book/s?

15 posts in this topic

Interesting... I, too, purchased two copies of Batman #608 but only because I didn't know it was a reprint when I saw it in the comic shop. Then I started buying them from the shop since Westfield comes in only twice a month.. so I've ended up with basically two sets.

I picked up two copies of the Batman #612 (2nd print) at 40% off cover price back in July. Only reason was that I was planning to trade them in for a first print since the stores were already sold out of them at the time.

Now the stores have the first print in as a back issue, except none of them wants to give me any trade value for the 2nd print even though they don't have any in the shop. Their line is that new books don't carrry any value in the long run and they don't buy back modern books since they may not be able to resell them once the fad dies out.

Just glad that most of my serious collection is in older whereby dealers are willing to pay real money (even over guide) for them.