• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions - with Results now!

20 posts in this topic

I got my three submissions back from CGC and wanted to garner some of your guesses on the grades.

Tarzan #25 (the line going through the palm leaf is not on the book)

Tarzan25FrontObscured.jpg

Tarzan25Back.jpg

Marvel Spotlight V2 #1

MarvelSpotlight1FrontObscured.jpg

MarvelSpotlight1Back.jpg

Shogun Warriors #19

ShogunWarriors19FrontObscured.jpg

ShogunWarriors19Back.jpg

Tarzan 9.6

Spotlight 9.2

Shogun Warriors 9.6

These were my guesses too, even before seeing your post & Transplants.

Hard to finetune the grades at this HG level with scans a bit on the small side. But clearly nice books! (thumbs u

Honestly kinda hard to tell all that much from the scans, but probably somewhere around there for all of them.

-Rob-

Trust me, just about as hard to tell having them in hand.

2nd book has issues along the top edge of the BC. From the scans provided, I see no reason 1 & 3 wouldn't grade NM+ or higher

Okay, now the moment of truth...

Tarzan #25.

Nobody (including myself) guessed the right grade. This one realy puzzles me the most and makes me think I must have missed something on the inside. (shrug) Grades were: 2: 9.8, 7: 9.6, and 3: 9.4. I thought it had a good 9.8 shot, but CGC begged to differ. :(

Tarzan25Front.jpg

Marvel Spotlight V2 #1.

Several people guessed right on this one. The back cover comes out a bit exaggerated in the scan. There is a bit of overhang which resulted in the slight "curve over" that's apearing. I don't remember seeing this when I had it in the bag and board. I thought 9.6 possibly when I sent it. Grades here were: 1: 9.6, 4: 9.4, and 7: 9.2.

MarvelSpotlight1Front.jpg

Shogun Warriors #19.

Thought this was a 9.8 for sure. Grades here: 4: 9.8 and 8: 9.6.

ShogunWarriors19Front.jpg

Submitting these might have been a finacial snafu, but, by recieving these three different grades, I now have a nice "key set" for comparison on other books, as I now own a 9.2 through 10.0 in my collection in each increment.

Thanks again guys for your imput!