• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,928 posts in this topic

I was running an underground sales thread in alphabetical order. I got up to the letter K and was on my 18th page, almost 2/3 of the books are sold and I can no longer edit the thread. In order to continue my sale I have now closed the thread. I am going to start a new one reposting the unsold books so it is easier for one to view then start adding the new ones. The last time I did this I had a board member slamming me for reposting unsold books too quickly. I just wanted to let everyone know what I was doing and my intent is not to monopolize the first page of the sales thread.

I was running an underground sales thread in alphabetical order. I got up to the letter K and was on my 18th page, almost 2/3 of the books are sold and I can no longer edit the thread. In order to continue my sale I have now closed the thread. I am going to start a new one reposting the unsold books so it is easier for one to view then start adding the new ones. The last time I did this I had a board member slamming me for reposting unsold books too quickly. I just wanted to let everyone know what I was doing and my intent is not to monopolize the first page of the sales thread.
I don't really see anything wrong with that.....what I've done in the past is take the unsolds from the previous thread and list them all in a single post with thumbnail size scans. Then continue on with the new stuff. This way the new thread contains all new stuff excpet for the first post so it doesn't look like you're over-pimping. Perception is everything.

And now for something completely different...

High Grade Marvel Westerns!!!

14 beuaitful high grades copies of early '70s Westerns. Great gloss, and grades in VF+ to NM range. Really pretty books, including some sweet picture frames.

Shep has Marvels???

It's true, but not for long

Check in around 8pm.

Thanks

SHep

I hope to have some Marvel Zombies comics up for sale tonight or tomorrow.

Got a new PC and am still working out the bugs getting the on-line software to work and hopefully the scanner will fire up OK.

:wishluck:

I plan on selling a bunch of DC silverage and bronzeage superhero books in an hour or so today. I'll be listing some Bats, Supes, Jimmy Olsens and whatever else I can grab out of my boxes. Some nice stuff. Check it out.

Guys have been begging for a war comics sale, so I'm putting on a little one tomorrow... might be evening... might be afternoon. Not sure, depends on the wife. :grin:

8 or 9 Our Army at Wars, all slabbed, all pre-1970, including a couple of keys. Can't afford to be keeping HG slabbed doubles lying around!

See you tomorrow!

Shep

I will be listing Bronze Age Horror!!!! DC and Marvel. I am actually trying to sell the bulk of my raw collection of 8,000 books, I am tired of E-Bay and found these boards to be great.

Here are some titles to be listed over the next few weeks, I think there are about 200 raw books so it will take awhile. None will be nm (9.4) or better. Most are fine to vf, I am really trying to get them to people that want them and appriciate them. I will be selling them almost flat rate $2 to $5 a pop.

Here is a list of initial titles:

Tower of Shadows

Uncanny Tales from the Grave

Chamber of Darkness

Where Monsters Dwell

Where Creatures Roam

Monsters on the Prowl

Vault of Evil

Chamber of CHills

Frankenstein Monster

Journey into Mystery

Tomb of Darkness

Dead of Night

Beware! Weird

Crypt of ShadowsWeird War Tales

Ghosts

Dark Mansion

Witching Hour

Weird Mystery

Secrets of Haunted House

ALso a special #1 issue run will begin it:

Uncanny Tales

Fear

Worlds Unknown

Dead of Night

Beware!Vault of Evil

Crypt of SHadows

Thanks,

Going to have a garage sale next week,got some books that I was going sale cheap. Punisher early and later editions various D.C's and just abunch of random high and low grade stuff that I'm trying to get rid of to make room and fund my Avengers run.If you guys want me to offer them here first let me know. AND THIS STUFF WILL BE SOLD CHEAP. We're talking a load of B.S.